ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Switching Fonts

Lightbulb Switching Fonts

Hey, wow, there's definitely a lot of great suggestions already. My suggestion kinda pales in comparison; it's really more of a matter of convenience.

I'd love to see a faster way to scroll through my fonts. I have quite a few fonts on my tablet (no keyboard!), and currently the only way to choose a new one is to open the Text tool Settings tab and hold the down scroll button until it reaches the lower depths of the alphabet. This is mostly a problem because my two favorite fonts are SmackAttack and SpiritMedium (from blambot) which take quite some time to get to!

I have no programming knowledge, but if it's possible to implement a scroll bar here for quick font navigation it'd definitely accelerate my work process by quite a bit!

-Benji

Yes, I would like also some way to speed the research for fonts,
    for instance , the only way I half solved the problem was by making presets
    of my favorites fonts.

This is mostly a problem because my two favorite fonts are SmackAttack and SpiritMedium (from blambot) which take quite some time to get to!
    bhhuang, I don't have this fonts and don't know where to get them but if you can't do your presets yourself perhaps someone else can do them,
    I can do the presets if you tel where I can get the fonts, let a link here.

This is a half solution if you need to work with many fonts but if you have only few the solution is making presets.

Well, I change my mind and did my self the research,
    installed the two fonts,
    I don't know why the font SmackAttack (which is open font),
    don't appear in ArtRage, is a problem ...

but I did a preset of SpiritMedium at 50 points, you can change the size after. This preset go in the Presets Tool/Text (You may have to create a group for the text tool and put the presets in there.)

This is all I can do, I hope this will help .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Dany51:
    Wow, I hadn't really thought about this. It's an excellent suggestion. I do work with quite a few fonts, but I can at least save myself some time for the most commonly used ones. Thanks a bunch!

-Benji

Hi benji,
    I am glad that you get the idea, please tel me if you can see the font
    SmackAttack in ArtRage, I am not working with it but I ask myself why I can't see it on the list, it is in the Fonts folder still , bizarre !
    I don't remember which program with a lot of fonts I installed,
    perhaps office, and I have a lot of fonts with @ before their names,
    they appear in my list in the beginning and I can't delate them because they are not in my font folder in Windows, is is also some weird thing for me for instance; is possible that the font don't appear because of too many fonts
    or because they are two with the same name...
    If someone can help with some idea on that I will be glad ...

how about You ?

Another method is to jump the font list. For example, if I wanted to get to my "Webdings" font all the way near the bottom of my list, I'd click on the font menu and then tap the "W" key on my keyboard to jump the menu to that location of the alphabet (tapping "W" repeatedly should step the menu through the "W" area). Unfortunately, if you don't have a font that starts with the letter of the alphabet you've chosen, the menu closes (which is a bit of a pain). Still... It's quicker then scrolling down there.

Nevertheless, I'd also like to see this area improved a bit.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Though the way AR3 works with fonts should be better,
    I have a workaround as followed.
    I have a freeware tool that shows all installed fonts and can show a folder where you store non-installed fonts.
    You can find it here http://www.ampsoft.net/
    Nice thing is that AR imports formatted text,this means it comes in the font,size,bold underlined or whatever you selected in this fontviewer.
    You can use any software for this

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Though the way AR3 works with fonts should be better,
    I have a workaround as followed.
    I have a freeware tool that shows all installed fonts and can show a folder where you store non-installed fonts.
    You can find it here http://www.ampsoft.net/
    Nice thing is that AR imports formatted text,this means it comes in the font,size,bold underlined or whatever you selected in this fontviewer.
    You can use any software for this

Hans
    Nice find! I can see that becoming one of my most used programs. Thanks for posting that.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

haakoo, this is perhaps the answer to "my fonts that I can't find " problem,
    this fonts with @name annoy me and they take a lot of space in the head of all the other fonts, I can't delete them because I don't know where I can find them but this viewer perhaps will be helpful, thank very kindly !

how about You ?