ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moving Canvas While Making Selection

Moving Canvas While Making Selection

Is it possible? There doesn't seem to be a way to do it, and I wish there were.

(Things I have tried: right clicking, spacebar-left-clicking, canvas puck, looking for keyboard shortcuts.)
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Quote Originally Posted by terrygillooly View Post
    Is it possible? There doesn't seem to be a way to do it, and I wish there were.

(Things I have tried: right clicking, spacebar-left-clicking, canvas puck, looking for keyboard shortcuts.)
    Oh yeah, I meant to post about this too. I haven't found a way a to do it either, unfortunately. Sometimes I like to be zoomed in to be sure I'm getting certain details with the lasso and Photoshop has made me used to being able to move the canvas while having the lasso in tow.

A work around that I've been using, involves the use of the shortcut keys for the "Add" and "Substract" modes of the Selection tool. All you do is complete the selection of the area you're working on. With the selection made, you can then move the canvas over to another focus area and, holding down the Shift key, start adding to the selection area. I just keep doing those step until I have selected everything I need. Should a mistake be made, holding Alt and making a selection will cut that area out of the already selected area.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I haven't found a way a to do it either, unfortunately.
    Oh well. I can live with the work-arounds. Actually, I'm just happy there *are* selection tools now.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic