ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help removing/preventing jaggy lines?

Help removing/preventing jaggy lines?

I have been using art rage to create doodles. When I save them as a .png file and open them in photoshop they still show up with jagged edges. I have been using the ink pen tool, and I have tried using all different levels of smooth and they are still jagged. I am using a Wacom Bamboo Fun as my input device. Is there something I am missing?
    TIA!

Could you post a screen shot of the problem area?

Note: You won't be able to hotlink it, being a new member, so be sure to attach it to your post using the "Manage Attachments" button on the bottom of the posting window.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Also, do you have anti-aliasing on or off?
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Here is a pic of what I am talking about. I have created this doodle at 300 dpi, anti aliasing was on using the pen tool, and smoothing turned on to 49%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butterfly2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	44320  

Do the lines look jaggy in ArtRage, in PhotoShop, or both?

The inner black lines look smooth. Are both the red and black lines created with the Ink Pen?

Which version of ArtRage are you using?
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

yeah, I see what you mean. It's worse with the red against the white, but you can still see it a little between the black on the red.
    But there are plenty of artist examples that don't show it, so maybe an experienced ar user can explain.

I am using Art Rage 3 3.0.6 Studio Pro. The actual doodle is the black part. The red was added as a stroke in Photoshop CS3. The red stroke is not actually part of the doodle, it is just there to help accentuate the jaggy lines, as they are easier to see when you have the stroke. They look jaggy in both art rage and photoshop. Below is a sample of what it looks like straight out of art rage. The really jaggy parts are circled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butterfly2.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	44349