ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pencil appears at a different position as I'm tipping

Gallery
    View images

pencil appears at a different position as I'm tipping

Hi Experts,

first: I'm Newbie and german. So excuse my bad english - hope you'll understand my question. Tried to find out if anyone else asked it here but didn't find a similar question.

My Problem:
    I'm using a Volito2 tablet from Wacom and ArtRage2. Try to draw with the pencil. But what I draw appears not there where the cursor is. So it's unpossible to draw exact what I want. What is going wrong?

Thanks for your help
    and regards,
    Creo

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there

well i have this problem when i work with one screen and activate the second screen while artrage is running... i don't know if you use dualscreen but when, only restart artrage.... or try mousemode in the options

gruss ausser schweiz

maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    Some mouse drivers on some machines in the presense of some helper applications report the scaling of the tablet coordinates incorrectly.

To correct this, you can select 'Use Mouse Mode' from the preferences menu. This uses the mouse coordinates as reported by Windows, rather than as reported by the raw tablet packets.

In case people are wondering why we use raw tablet packets... Most tablets are able to report coordinates at a much higher resolution than screen coordinates. However, given that ArtRage now supports canvas magnification, which allows more accurate placement of strokes while still using mouse coordinates, I'm considering tossing out the processing of Tablet packets and just using Windows mouse coordinates by default. It would save a whole bunch of confusion.

See the attached image for how to access the 'Use mouse mode' option in ArtRage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you both!
    Mousemodus works!

Many regards
    Creo