ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Renaming presets?

Renaming presets?

Hi,

Is there any way I can rename some of the brush/sticker spray presets?

This is because I would prefer to choose names more relevant to my purpose.
    It would also make finding my favorites a lot quicker - so instead of scrolling through a collection of triple-barrel fur names for example, I would love to be able to choose names that are a bit shorter and more meaningful to me.

Thanks kindly,
    Rowena.

Hi Rowena,

that can be easily done. Just rename the .prs files to the names you want. They default brushes are located in subfolders of

"Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\Resources\Tool Presets\" on a windows machine.

The only problem i can think of is that an update of a future version of Atrage will most likely reinstall the ones you renamed with their old names. So you should backup the whole folder Tool presets after renaming or create a new folder e.g. "MyBrushes" in the subfolders of each individual tool and copy the prs files you want to rename to that folder and rename it there.

Belvrog is correct in saying that if you rename the default installed presets the next installer will put them back in there (and with the current installer, renaming installed files can cause double clicking a PTG file to try reinstalling the app to 'repair' it).

The best way to do this is probably to create your own categories and put copies of the presets you want in there and rename them. Creating your own categories should be done by placing a folder in the user location for presets (opened via the Presets panel menu, open user presets folder option). That way you can rename and edit to your heart's content.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm uploading a tutorial on creating and managing presets for ARSP at YouTube right now. I'll post here when it's done loading.

(EDIT) - Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_YZwGF7WjI
    Last edited by Someonesane; 04-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you Belvrog, Matt and SS.

SS, regarding the video. I haven't experienced this before on YouTube but when I click the link and the blk video window comes up - it immediately turns white and is replaced by an Adobe link saying 'Go upgrade!' - the link is to get the adobe flash player, which I then installed thinking I needed it to view your video. But when I go back to the video - the same thing happens all over again.

I never had this problem before, will you check back and see if all well with your vid?

Thanks kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    I never had this problem before, will you check back and see if all well with your vid?
    Everything appears fine on my end and someone commented on it, so I figure it's working for them. Have you attempted to watch other peoples videos recently without issue?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Well no, now the same thing occurs with any video I try to watch.

YouTube help center directed me to upgrade my Browser, upgrade Flash, upgrade Quicktime - all Ive done is upgrade, upgrade for hours. But nothing has changed, so not possible to watch the video since today. But clearly this problem has nothing to do with your video SS.

PS I have good security and all scans come up clean.

Matt, after I have placed my favorite renamed bushes in the User Folder via the Preset panel menu, how do I access the brushes? As the panel menu opens the folder and so where to from there?

If you place the renamed brushes in the user folder directly they will be in the default presets category for the tool in the presets panel (so the category 'Pencil' for the pencil tool for example).

If you put your renamed presets in to a folder in the user category folder (so for example I put them in to a new folder called 'My Presets' in the user presets 'Pencil' folder) they will appear in a group named after that folder. Just use the group picker at the top of the presets panel to pick which group you're looking at.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post

YouTube help center directed me to upgrade my Browser, upgrade Flash, upgrade Quicktime - all Ive done is upgrade, upgrade for hours. But nothing has changed, so not possible to watch the video since today. But clearly this problem has nothing to do with your video SS.
    Hi Rowena. Are you using opera? I had the same problem with the opera browser. Firefox was able to play the youtube videos. Here's a workaround if you want to get youtube working for opera.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...fb595f5e&hl=en

If you can't find the entry they mention on the opera:about site you have to setup a javascript directory first. Go to Preferences-->Advanced-->Content-->Java Script Options and create a new directory for user javascript files.
    Last edited by Belvrog; 04-16-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Hi Belvrog, yes I use Opera. Thank you,thank you for taking the time to point this out and relieve me from the frustration!
    Now all videos are viewable again.

SS, Thank you. Your video is awesome and easily answered all of my questions and more. I confess I don't enjoy reading manuals, I'd rather read literature (my bad). So I want you to know how much I appreciate your videos as they are quick and easy learning.