ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: another wishlist

another wishlist

Hey,

2nd post and already a wishlist for Artrage 3
    I'm an Artrage user for a long time but not a big forumposter
    some things that would be great in Artrage:
    -the size of the eraserpoint working on persure as an option like the felt pen (softnes)
    -reselection, so if you did a mask you can re-use
    -flipping horizontal of the painting en the reference for checking the balance
    -desaturation of the reference for easy viewing contrast/shadows
    -just water blender, without the white at the start when you start to brush
    -a loaded paletknife, so you can paint with it (love to paint with paletknife)
    -multiple open paintings so you can copy a layer and paste it on the other painting without leaving the first painting
    -and an imported one, thumnail viewer when opening/searching a painting, when you have alot of files/paintings and you want to view one, sometimes it is searching for the right one, now you have to open it to see if it is the right painting

this is my little wishlist

Greetings

-the size of the eraserpoint working on persure as an option like the felt pen (softnes)
    If you set Softness low and Pressure high, the eraser's size does respond to pressure. Unfortunately, so does its opacity.

-reselection, so if you did a mask you can re-use
    Try stencils:
    -make your selection
    -on a new layer, use the bucket (Fill) tool to color in the selection
    -in the layers panel, right click on the new layer and select "New Stencil From Layer Contents" (you can also access this from the Stencils panel)

Stencils are awesome! They work with feathered selections also. There are some nice tutes on YouTube.

-flipping horizontal of the painting en the reference for checking the balance
    Do you mean the painting, or an imported Reference image? For the painting you can press the H (or V) key. I don't know about Reference images.

-multiple open paintings so you can copy a layer and paste it on the other painting without leaving the first painting
    If you are on a PC, you can open up multiple instances of ArtRage. Not on a Mac, yet, unfortunately.

-and an imported one, thumnail viewer when opening/searching a painting, when you have alot of files/paintings and you want to view one, sometimes it is searching for the right one, now you have to open it to see if it is the right painting
    Hm. I'm on Windows 7, which automatically thumbnails my paintings for me. I do have to open the folder the paintings are in, in order for Windows to thumbnail them, though.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Hey,

Thnxs for the tips!
    -I know that I can use stencils for reselection, but what if you forget to make, I don't want to make a new stencil evertime I have to make a selection
    - H for flipping is great the whole image, didn't know. Would be great is we can flip also the reference image
    - Didn't know that we can open Artrage mutiple time's, problem solved
    - I'm on windows XP, and I can't see the thumnails, would be great if I can see them

ontherwise, I'm learning every day a little bit more about the new Artrage
    Its a great program to work with!!

-I know that I can use stencils for reselection, but what if you forget to make, I don't want to make a new stencil evertime I have to make a selection
    Think of it this way: if you are making masks in Photoshop you would also have to save a new mask for every selection.

But, yeah, it's a chore to have to plan ahead with the stencils. I often skip making one--only to regret it later.

Comics colorists make a layer of "flat" color for easy reselection with a Magic-Wand-type tool. I'm guessing the stencils would be less memory-intensive, though.

- I'm on windows XP, and I can't see the thumnails, would be great if I can see them
    I really hope that later versions of ArtRage will include a preview pane. In the meantime, maybe you would enjoy making your own thumbnails? Export a sample of your image to a low quality JPEG or GIF file. I did this for my GIMP files and had lots of fun picking which part of the images to crop. (Just be careful not to save over your original painting. )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cat Boxes, a web comic