ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viking - another experiment

Viking - another experiment

I tested several features all together in here, based on a simple sketch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viking.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	44138  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice dear Cesare he should be an illustration in a book
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

What a right fearsome chappie he is Cesare but very well painting, nice job there
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I agree, dear Amanda! Now I only have to write that book ... Thank You!

Actually he's a nice guy, dear Katie. He's just testing his new invention: the moonboots! The axe is quite helpful dealing with icy places and polar bears ... Thank You!

A wonderful experiment dear Caesar.... i adore the texturing you have going in this piece
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

He may well be him, dear Sandra, considering the Greenland/ Arctic landscape around him! I chose a Viking because I took my younger boy to see the animation Dragon Trainer I also enjoyed, I confess.
    In a way it's also a tribute to another population who moved to Southern Italy too, especially Sicily, the Normans, who established there some of their domains. They certainly were intrepid sailors, talented people and provided additional genetic contribution to our historical melting pot further increasing our genetic variety ...
    Thank You!

I like texturing too in general, dear Juz and I guess that I've already developped a number of them which might be further combined and elaborated to get thousands of effects. I'm however not that patient to prepare stickers and canvases catalogues not even for myself.
    The mountain base texture (looking like some watercolor hue grainy effect) as well as the iron brassard and circular shields are old outcome I got on AR2.5. Thank You!

Cool viking Caesar! Beautifully sketched. He reminds me of Hiccup's dad in the movie "How to train your dragon" (which BTW, is the best movie I've seen in a long time).

You're right, dear Ivan,and I agree with You that such a movie is a wonderful animation movie on many levels and I had its visual hints still in mind.
    Even if I used no any whatsoever reference, actually I took my younger boy to see it a couple of days before (the title here was Dragon Trainer, a curious new use in these years to leave English titles while we dub movies as usual and we had such really great dubbing authors, artists and actors since ever that in many cases the popularity of some characters or foreign actors comes from their inventions too and sometimes I find the real actors' voices to sound a bit funny or even less adequate ...)
    I also got from my memory, some influence by Asterix comics.

Nicely painted image Caesar