ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Artist Magazine ABR brushes question

Digital Artist Magazine ABR brushes question

Greets everyone

Just a curous query.

I just got my new issue of Digital Artist magazine and each issue comes with CD with photoshop brushes.

My question is, there are like 400 some odd brushes or ABR files, some of them are grouped together.

Can these abr files be imported as sticker sheets?

Preciate any info

Mike
    Mbrienza

The image/object that makes up the brush can be imported into ArtRage as a Sticker Spray preset, but I don't think there's a way to get them all put onto a Sticker Sheet.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Under the "new preset" dialog box, there's an option to "import photoshop brush"

If you have an existing photoshop brush how would you import that?

I'm trying this now with the ABR brushes off this CD and it's giving me an error.

Maybe becuase the brushes are in groups?

Mike
    Mbrienza

I'm not sure if being in a group is a problem or not. Maybe I'm misunderstanding which "group" you're referring to. For example, if I go to my Photoshop brush folder, I have files there like "assorted brushes.abr", which are default brushes for the program. If I select this file, the brushes within it open as a list in an ArtRage panel where I can then choose which brushes I wish to import.

Mike...I'm just curious but have these ABR files been extracted properly from the zip file? I, too, have gotten some brushes from this CD from Digital Artist and after I extracted them (unzipped) and had them on my hard drive, I had no problem importing them into AR. Yes, it is true that some of these ABR files will contain more than one brush and like Someonesane says, you'll have to select the one brush or the group of brushes you'd like to import from this list - see selection instructions below:

Select brush heads from the list by clicking on the desired brush or for multiple brushes:

Multi Select Blocks: Shift + click
    Select Single Additional Items: Ctrl/Cmd + click
    Select All: Ctrl/Cmd + A
    Deselect All: Ctrl/Cmd + D

Another possibility is that the ABR file you're trying to import uses procedural brush heads that AR currently is not able to read. If the files are unzipped and you're still having a problem, I would take this to the technical forum and have the AR guys look into it.

I hope this helps some!

I made a tutorial on how to import brushes last night. I fell asleep while it was uploading, so I didn't get to post it, lol. Anyway, for anyone who may be following this thread and is interested in the process, you can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izXHicUy5F8

Someone

Great tutorial video, this clears things up tremendously for me.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Mike
    Mbrienza

Thanks, Someonesane. I've been fumbling around doing this the hard way. The brushsets from DI are one of the primary reasons I have a subscription.

Wonderful video tutorial, Someonesane!!! It's spot on and will provide much assistance to those wanting to use PS brushes in ArtRage. It was also great that you showed how to create a new Preset group since it's nice to keep the brushes organized and separate from the other brushes. I found that out the hard way awhile back! But, it was easily rectified by going to the User Tool Preset folder and moving them into a new folder named more appropriately for their use. I also like to rename them especially since some of them have way too long of a name for me!

Now, we just need to get this thread moved into the Tips and Tricks forum for others to gain access to your wonderful tutorial!

Great job, Someonesane!

Great tut Someonesane... Hopefully you do more AR tuts....