ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mesa Morado

Mesa Morado

There are probably thousands of buttes and stone outcroppings that carry locally assigned names like "The Purple Mesa, "The Black Mesa," etc. scattered across the southwestern US. This Purple Mesa is depicted during a rare wet spring season when the desert vegetation turns from silver gray, washed-out tan, and faded green to bloom in a fantastic explosion of colors. A week or two later and it is all a dormant memory that has been erased by the broiling summer sun.

I usually avoid whites in my work, so I thought I'd force myself to wrestle with some for a change. Al
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by alkratzer; 04-12-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Um, think you used all white.

Guess I commented before the image loaded. The whites work well here. Im enjoying your series of southwest themes (my favorite region of the US).
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I blew adding the attachment the first time -- should have left it blank as a joke! The pix is now added
    Last edited by alkratzer; 04-11-2010 at 06:01 AM.

The picture has aroused my interest to learn more on southwest..........!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Thanks Wenkat! I appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

Your last one is often the best in my view. This is another such case. It furtherly shows Your capability to continuously improve on a start and style already outstandingly valuable!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!