ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Forum Upgrades"

"Forum Upgrades"

Was this one of the forum upgrades, or am I just unobservant (as usual)?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Yes, I believe it was part of the upgrade. I'm struggling with the double header situation when I sign in. It's very distracting. Just might be a "whoops" and they just haven't corrected it yet. I'm just not sure if I like the changes I've seen so far. I usually like changes if they are for the better but I'm not feeling that so far!

I logged in today and was confronted with the double header. I was a little concerned that somehow hackers had added something that doesn't belong. Still a little strange.

Hmm... Yeah, I'm not sure why there's a need for the double header up there, when they both offer the same options and information. Just adds to amount of scrolling needed to be done in order to reach the bottom of the page, lol. I'm not sure I care for the cascading tree system the posts are taking either, but it's likely something I'll just get accustomed to. I don't have to deal with the double password thing, since I never bother signing out, lol. I like the image count for the users gallery being displayed on their posts, though. Makes it easier to both view ones work and tell right away if the user bothered to post any there to begin with.

I have a question about the tags though... I realize they are there to help the search features capabilities in locating posts, but is the tag feature going to replace how the search system normally worked? Does a user have to add tags in there, to ensure that a person can actually find the topic in the future or will the search feature still make it's way through the posts looking for keywords if needed?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Just read this and decided to logon to see whatīs up. I got the double log in, but only entered info the first regular one. I got in as normal. The double thing is probably something that will go away--donīt know.

I think the link to oneīs gallery with the number of images is a fine addition. Simplifies things quite a bit.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I'm not even getting an "image" counter for my avatar
    Is there something i need to do?

Mike
    Mbrienza

Picaso41/Mike....you need to have images loaded into the User Gallery to see the Image counter.

Ahhh, okee doke

Makes sense

Thanks a bunch

Mike
    Mbrienza

It looks like some of the upgrades had a problem with our custom templates. We're going to be looking in to it as soon as the web developer is back Monday morning.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I miss the "Forum... sub-forum... thread name" links at the top of the thread that used to be there. Or maybe it's in a different location that these tired eyes can't see. We have to go back to the main page of the forum now, then to the sub forum. Hope that's part of the custom template that didn't adapt to it's new surroundings, and can return to us
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got