ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: WaterColor with Sticker Spray Brushes

Smile WaterColor with Sticker Spray Brushes

Hi!
    I was recently made some Sticker Spray Brushes and found that they are quite capable to emulate different mediums if used right.

There already have some watercolor threads.. which are interesting. I want to share my personal WaterColor brushes presets here. I included strange example image which try to explain how these works.

These Fake brushes works much faster than ArtRage "real" watercolors and you can get almost same result with these.. if you use Layers and Blending modes.

Tone

PS. ask if you are not understand what I mean. I try to learn english and this is my strange and twisted way to learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tones_Fake_WaterColor_Brushes.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	43980  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet

Thanks for your presets, all of them are so awesome (the ones in your first post included too). One watercolor question though - I have tried to blend blue with yellow and get green like you did, I haven´t had any luck yet - how do you achieve this, what am I doing wrong (I do have the blend mode set to multiply)?

annesofi

Hi :)

Annesofi, if you want mix blue and yellow to get green, you should separate these two colors to the different layers. The upper layer blending mode is then set to "multiply" mode.

I think that "blend" is bit misleading word in here because you can not Mix and Blend colors in one Layer and one single stroke..
    ..you have to jump back and forth between these layers to achieve pleasant effect.

But I still think this is quite fun and fast way to get nice watercolor effects.

- There is a picture I made. I hope that it makes any sens.

Tone =]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh now I understand, thanx a lot - so kind of you to explain. Play time´s up now...

annesofi

Thanks, this is Cool

Question Sticker Spry Watercolor Brushes

Since these files are preset files, not sticker files, could you please tell me where to load them?

Thanks,
    Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by mfasy View Post
    Since these files are preset files, not sticker files, could you please tell me where to load them?

Thanks,
    Marcia
    Following these steps will open the correct folder for the sticker spray presets:

1. Open ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro
    2. Select the Sticker Spray tool
    3. Open the Presets Panel
    4. Click the Menu tab located on the Presets Panel and select the Open User Tool Presets Folder option
    5. If you've left the ArtRage program open after step 4, you'll have to close the program and re-open it before the prs files will be present for use.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-30-2010 at 05:24 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you very much

I appreciate the instructions.

Marcia