ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Apple

An Apple

I know ... I know ... is just an apple ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maçã.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	43962  

Very well done Orian. I like it!

Dear Oriane,
    This is not just an apple. This is a masterpiece yet again. OMGosh, I totally love this! Beeee you ti ful!!!

It's gorgeous. Moreover, the right part of it is undoubtedly Brazilian wearing the national colors, maybe in view of the forthcoming South African World Cup.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It's a technicolor apple.

An apple only you can see in a Orianelima painting

Excellent colors, would make a great poster

Mike
    Mbrienza

And wow what an apple indeed dear Oriane, its wonderful. So many colours and so rich, its great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

And a beautiful apple it is!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Not just an apple to me, Lima. More like a look at the globe through a completely different spectrum. It's as if Eve's apple in the Garden of Eden held a map of the man's life. Sort of how the Greek Fates worked:

"There was Clotho who spun the thread of life from her distaff onto her spindle, Lachesis who measured the thread of life with her rod, and Athropos who was the cutter of the thread of life and chose the manner of a person's death." -Answers.com

I could see this as one of the many apples of Eve offered to a soul coming into the body. Once bitten, the color determines their karmic path.

Or maybe it's just an apple. And a well painted one, my dear fellow. Amazing what you can do with color and a simple image. This brings to mind a California artist from the Pop era called Wayne Thiebaud. You can look him up, but unless you actually see one of his early paintings in person, it will never translate. He would have a simple, more or less expected color to his objects, but he would rim them with a line of intense color like a rainbow I guess. But with minimal paint variation, and using viscosity very effectively, he was able to create the illusion of a very rendered image. A sort of painted magic trick.

Yours is way more colorful and saturated, but it holds that magical feel. It's as if you say in a very understated way, yeah, it's an apple. And then you launch the viewer, those with a ticket to ride, into space.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi orianelima, what a wonderful apple..

I like the red skin sooo much.

Best,

Weeks
    ps : (personaly, i would smooth a little bit the yellow/green area No offense)

Barn, thank you.
    Alexandra
    Caesar,thank you dear friend
    Scott, thank you dear friend.
    Akey, Akey, thank you for your comment. It's amazing how you use the English language and all the prose that it can hold and develop a literary image that results absolutely wonderful.
    Weeks, thank you.