ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hey! You'll never guess who!

Hey! You'll never guess who!

I know I haven't been active for a while, and I regret that, but the thing is, I've been desperately trying to get rid of my artist's block.
    And also to discover my art style.
    Thing is, I can never settle in one style.
    And it really annoys me.
    I want - more than anything - to have an art style that I like, one that fits me.
    But there isn't anything.
    I've been prowling DeviantArt for some time now, looking for a certain style that catches my eye.
    Actually, I do have a style in mind, but I can't put it onto paper.
    I imagine this amazing picture, and then when I go to draw it on ArtRage, or on paper, it just looks like...Poop!
    So, I'm just asking right now...
    Do you know anything that may inspire me?
    I don't really like abstract - no offence intended to anyone! - and I like sorta sad things. Also cute things.
    Just, anything.
    Advice, pictures, websites, poems!
    I just want to know the feeling of belonging in art, instead of feeling like I'm on the outside, trying desperately to place myself, but just getting pushed right out again.

Thank you.

Well, this probably isn't the kind of advice you're looking for exactly, but it's my personal motto to go with the flow in terms of art, which would mean that the fact that you couldn't settle on any one style, is your style. Art can be something one does, just to simply do it. Try letting the subject of the image be the determining factor behind the style it takes, rather then forcing it to take on a predetermined style.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think SomeoneSane is precisely right. And really, what's your hurry? You have so much time ahead of you. Have fun and explore different styles. You'll never regret that.

Hm... interesting question and someone sane gave you a very good advice. DO not look at styles, just paint how you would love to see the pic... as it comes by itself. whenever you turn the control on, you are killing actually your style.... Me personally, i change my painting mode so often... because i like once to have a soft emotional pic... then the other day... like it rough tough... just depends how i feel about the work i am going to create.SOmetime you like to sing loud ... play loud.. sometime you turn the noise down to feel the music just right... so no styles from me... i would die just in one sort of thing. Must change... jazz, folk, pop, clasical... it all has its own dimension and it all just depends on the emotion... and how your muse dictates i think. TOday i was glooping all afternoon... you see... i thought i will never gloop in my life... and i love it...it just makes the work so interesting to look at and to paint it with gloop.... maybe start glooping, Robert...for a change..Just do not study much how others are doing it... just sit down and do it your way...that will become your style.
    Last edited by AT-TA; 04-05-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Glooping Robert??? There's no way that can end well!

Thanks for all the suggestions - and I guess you're right.
    And you know? I've finally picked a style - for now! - but I'm not very good at it.
    It's wolves, like sorta cartoony ones.
    I am practising, and even though this is done using pencil in real life, I just wanna show you the style!
    This is a wolf I drew, but I didn't have a reference, so it might be a little messy.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/DSCF0480.jpg

Weeun- I have found that the answers come when I stop looking for them. Just go about things and do what you like ans soon it will come to you when you are not looking for it.
    (Works for lost things too.)
    Love one another.-Jesus

I think Raybrite has the clue. Don't try so hard. Play, play, play. Sometimes serendipity occurs and you find that playing with the different media or textures or simply playing with colors creates something that just jumps out at you. Remember, don't make art hard work. Have fun! Don't worry about what you think you can or cannot do. Just do!