ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raining Tears

Raining Tears

Fun with airbrush and pen. I wanted to make a Graffiti art piece, but when it came to the letters, I was completed humbled. I am one of those people who loves to be stopped by the trains so that I can admire the artwork.
    I was inspired by Mannafigs tutorial on skin and I love the airbrush almost as much as I love the gloop....almost. Thanks for the nice tutorial Amanda!
    Anyway, I hope you don't mind the bizarre doodling.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is Wonderful! As far as Graffitti with airbrush - it's quite simple - set the Spray at 100% pressure, taper, and Opacity with No Tilt. Spray in one color, the over spray with same color at less than 100% Opacity.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Love this piece. Colour composition and style are just wonderful.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thanks Sky! And I like your example very much.
    I needed inspiration so I went to the library yesterday. I checked out a book called: "graffiti NEW YORK" by Eric Felisbret.
    I was so impressed and enjoyed it immensely. I have always liked this art and I am determined to learn how to make the lettering. From what I see a lot of it is more shapes and angles with wicked perspective and shading. There is one woman that is phenomenal. She is known as Lady Pink. Her words are kingdoms and her paintings are stunning. Anyway, this is another kind of art that I wish to explore.

Juz, I appreciate that. Thank you very much!

Beautifully done! Do I see a resemblance of you in this art? Great colors!

Thats beautiful Sandra
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Sandy - I find Grafitti Art to be Real Art in my eyes. I love to find examples of really well-thought-out expressions. Over the years, I have tried my hand at it, but I think I have too much training in the traditional processes to be really any good at that spontaneous style.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Tony, Thank you so much. I am so happy to see you and that you liked it. You know, I didn't think about it much, sometimes I start something-with no plans, and I never know where it is going to end. This might be a teen EMO me-haha. Thank you again, you've made my day.

Katie, Thank you so much!

Skylar, I agree. I have been fascinated with it since I was a child. I drew things in elementary school that intrigued the teachers somewhat, (flowers then too) and in the fourth grade they asked me to paint the lunchroom wall. My sister Bluemoon was this way too. Along the way, I abandoned these ideas and to me got off course in my passions. I dearly love this art and feel free with it, and I agree with you-it is very spontaneous, and that is what makes it so appealing. Some of them paint subconscious dreamlike images, and some make bold statements.
    I am working on my name in a graffiti style right now, and I find it very hard. I have only two letters done this morning! You should break free and try it.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 05-07-2010 at 03:16 PM.