ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: resizing canvas! Please help

Question resizing canvas! Please help

I am trying to get a canvas that is 11in by 17in, and is at least 300 dpi, but artrage keeps resizing my canvas randomly. Am I doing something wrong or not understanding something? Please help!

Hi Harms,
    Not sure if I understand how artrage is resizing the canvas on you, but try the following steps to achieve your desired canvas size:-

1) In the New Painting dialog choose 'Print Size'
    2) From the 'Measure in' dropdown select 'Inches'
    3) Plug in the desired width and height inches measurements
    4) Put in the desired dpi (in this case 300), click OK

Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I think Harms may have been trying to rescale the canvas that was currently open, in which case it could have been the "Preserve Original Aspect" option. When starting a new painting, going with Juz's steps, posted above, would be best. If you should have to resize a painting or enlarge the canvas, be sure that the Preserve Original Aspect option is off, otherwise ArtRage recalculates the one length to meet the changed length by ratio.

Name:  PreserveAspect.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  31.5 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Or maybe it's another encounter with the size limit of the demo version

I do not remember this limit, but I am sure that "11in by 17in, and is at least 300 dpi" is too big for the demo. Unfortunately the limit is not expressed very well in the demo.

Talking Thank you so much!

Yes, I have tried all of those options, so I do think it must be a size limits thing for the demo version. Good to know that isn't true for the full version!

Thank you all for the replys, they were very helpful!

I have had the same issue. Convinced me to buy the software. The full in the full version with a correct computer, I have one drawing that is about 6000*5000 (pixels, divide by 300 to get the inches if you want 300dpi) with 12 layers... it will be quite slow with big brush (like a brush of more that 800 pixel width), but otherwise it is perfectly fast.