ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TabletPC calibration off in Artrage 3

TabletPC calibration off in Artrage 3

Trying out Studio Pro 3 on Toshiba Tecra M4, TabletPC OS (XP), SP2. In Artrage, the cursor is offset, whereas it is fine in other programs such as Painter 9.5 and ArtRage 2.5. Is this a known problem and is a fix forthcoming?

Have you tried changing any of the Input Device options in Preferences panel? I'd try changing the Use Ink Services option first.

Name:  tabletoptions.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  42.6 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I'm having problems with ArtRage 3 Studio on my HP TouchSmart Tx2 Tablet PC (Windows 7) as well, I thought it was just the poor quality of the touch-pen that came with it.

Where I put my pen on the screen is NOT where the line will be drawn on the canvas, it is several millimeters out, which may not sound like much but it's very off-putting when you're trying to be accurate. The accuracy of the pen seems fine outside the program, but I don't have any other graphics software installed to properly test it.

Also, random lines seem to appear for no apparent reason, usually at a 90 degree angle from the original line I drew. Also the pressure sensitivity is off, everything always appears very light no matter how I try to adjust the pressure of the tool.

Sorry to sound like I'm ranting here, but AR is almost completely unusable on my tablet PC!
    Last edited by minimog16uk; 04-07-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimog16uk View Post
    I'm having problems with ArtRage 3 Studio on my HP TouchSmart Tx2 Tablet PC (Windows 7) as well, I thought it was just the poor quality of the touch-pen that came with it.

Where I put my pen on the screen is NOT where the line will be drawn on the canvas, it is several millimeters out, which may not sound like much but it's very off-putting when you're trying to be accurate. The accuracy of the pen seems fine outside the program, but I don't have any other graphics software installed to properly test it.

Also, random lines seem to appear for no apparent reason, usually at a 90 degree angle from the original line I drew. Also the pressure sensitivity is off, everything always appears very light no matter how I try to adjust the pressure of the tool.

Sorry to sound like I'm ranting here, but AR is almost completely unusable on my tablet PC!
    I think this maybe because the Touchsmart Tx2 uses something called an N-trig digitizer which is a cheaper alternative but not as good as Wacom. Several programs such as Photoshop only work properly with Wacom and perhaps AR is one of them.
    The newer Touchsmart tm2 has upgraded to the Wacom (with pressure sensitivity) and this works with Photoshop, Painter and AR (although one review used the free version of AR to test which didnt look as good - but I am not sure whether the free version of AR has the same std of Wacom pressure sensitivity as found in the Full versions, so cant tell for sure...

Damn, that's mostly what I brought it for!

Did you try to get the last version of the drivers ?
    I have heard that N-Trig had some issue with the first released drivers for their latest digitalizer component, but it has been fixed recently. (I have read that on a french tablet PC website, called tabletPC Corner).

There were some compatibility problems between the earlier nTrig drivers and ArtRage prior to 3.0.6. If you have the latest demo of Studio Pro, and have downloaded the latest nTrig drivers for your device, try adjusting the Ink Services option as SomeoneSane suggested, and also the Precise Tablet Mode option, which can change how the tablet interacts with the product.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Have you tried changing any of the Input Device options in Preferences panel? I'd try changing the Use Ink Services option first.

Name:  tabletoptions.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  42.6 KB
    Yes, I also made sure any multitouch drivers were off, since I have a standard Wacom digitizer with the Wacom drivers installed.As I mentioned, works fine in other programs, including earlier Artrage. Could it be a resources or video memory issue? (NVidia 512)

It won't be a video issue, this problem will relate to how your system is providing tablet details and how ArtRage is interpreting them. ArtRage 2 and 3 look for tablet support in a different order, so toggling ink services and precise tablet mode in 3 generally sets the product to use the same system as 2. Could you let me know the settings of all your ArtRage Input preferences?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Ok, I've installed the latest N-Trig driver to my Tablet (this doesn't seem to be one that get updated automatically with windows) and the accuracy and pressure appears much better.

I tried changing some of the settings but I found it was best to leave most of them on. The only one I have off is the Windows Multitouch, having this off stops the random lines that kept appearing.

Thanks, I can use it for it's intened purpose now!