ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skiing on the Dolomites (Alps)

Skiing on the Dolomites (Alps)

Here's a purely imaginary reminder of the end of last leg ski-lift after few days back from my holidays (I still have to dwnload pictures).
    Watercolors and few touches of felt pen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski on the Dolomites (Alps).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	43701  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Starting to look a little Russian between the snow and stylization. I love it. Nice composition. I also like that the whole picture is consistent with the style you've chosen and each section looks to have received about the same amount of attention, and that gives it a unifying feel.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely place to spent time at and you painted it so well, Caesar, as usually.

Thank You, dear Sandra! I also had the opportunity to pass some time with one of my brothers and visit the town of Treviso, architecturally a sort of little Venice crossed by a river looking like a canal and at about 50 km from Venice itsels.
    The Dolomites mountains then, are universally renowned for their unique beauty (listed in the UNESCO patrimony) and when I came back by car crossing them, I was enchanted once more by their shapes and colors also under the snow and in a period where grass colour has still to take thos marvellous green tones and collours of the flowers.
    A lake coverd by ice going to melt had incredible blue tones where the ice was thinning or disappearing ... No painter can ever do justice to those scenarios, not even the great Segantini.

Thank You for Your wonderful compliments, dear D Akey!
    Maybe Italian mountain peoples have something in common with Russians too and You possibly found a reason why our army, led by the alpine soldiers of the Julia division, notwithstanmding their inferior number, unadequate preparation, logistics and equipment and eventual painful conditions, succeeded to break the Russian encirclement and retreat notwithstanding the climate caused casualties during the II world.

Did ever visit these mountains when You lived in Italy, dear Anna? I hope so. Thank You very much!

What a wonderful view you have painted Cesare
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

There is a stillness that is quite inviting.....
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

What a wonderful painting Dear Caesar, I would love to go there.
    Val
    Valerie

Thank You dear Amanda, Foxy and Valerie!

This is wonderful Caesar! Sometimes the painting from memory captures the true essence and feeling so much better than using a reference. I hope one day to see the source of this inspiration myself! In the meantime, I have this painting to explore. Al