ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easter Greetings

Easter Greetings

I resumed some of my past outcomes, added some new and the Shroud's face (I didn't want to sketch any personal, embellished version of it) composing them all together.
    I therefore wish us all to always keep our hopes up in Your hearts and stand fearless of anything but the evil and the desperation which may tempt and enslave our souls in the darkest loneliness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Easter2010.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	43697  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Happy Easter to you too, matey.

Interesting 'modern art' approach. I particularly like the abstract process art parts. Is that B&W crucifixion in the lower left your first painting (or one of your first) that you posted here when you arrived at the AR forums? I recall it very well.

And there's the Shroud of Turin, and an egg obviously. But what is in the upper right? What did you take that from, I mean. I would guess it's about the resurrection. But I can't quite make it out.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar, the same to you!Have wonderfull easter, full of miracles and wonders. May your soul and mind be cleansed of impurities and may you get inspired to wonderfull works .

Dear D Akey, You're a keen observer as usual. This quickie was made of the pieces You noticed. I printed Turin's Shround on one of my developped background. The Resurrection vignette is a piece of my dawn in the forest and hints to the possible sudden energy emission of the moment of resurrection inside the sepulchre, when the stunning 3-D image was so mysteriously impressed on the sudarium. Some disputes are still on-going on the Shroud, but many evidences and unexplained issues are still there and what is not generally known is that in a church of Manoppello (a village in my region, less than 200 km from Rome) there's also another image of Jesus believed to be the veil Veronica used to wipe His bleeding face while going on the Golgotha. The face is stunningly alike that of the Shroud ...
    The two relics have different stories though.
    Thank You!

Dear Anna, I thank You very much once again for the appreciation and Your marvellous wishes.

Happy Easter dear Cesare I hope you and your family have a lovely time
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

The same to you Dear Caesar. I am very interested in what you were telling D Akey, since today is Holy Thursday. Thanks
    Val
    Valerie

Thank You, dear Sandra, Amanda and Valerie. I wish You and Your family a Happy Easter too.

Dear Valerie, some new information for You about the Holy Face of Manoppello also with reference to the Turin's Shroud.

The first one was delivered by an unknown pilgrim never seen around afterwards to the physicist Giacomo Antonio Leonelli in 1506. I provide herein a picture of it as shown in the relevant little town of Manoppello church.

Geoffroi de Charny, friend and biographist of Louis the IX, king of France, was the first known owner of the Holy Shroud. Different hypotheses exist on how he got it. The relic may have been for centuries in Contantinopolis/ Bysantium (now Instanbul) and taken back from there after the IV Crusade which didn't actually fight against the Arabians to re-conquer Jerusalem, but eventually only sacked that town, the magnificent capital of what was the surviving Eastern Roman Empire (around 1200).

The Holy face was analysed and don't show to present either pigments or color tissue (except some little touches on the eyes probably given by a middle age monk to emphasize the sight). It's even perfectly coincident and visible on both face.
    Since the face show signs of the torture inflicted to Jesus, it could be the veil used to dry and wipe Him going to be crucified.

Moreover I provide You herewith a confrontation of the faces of the Turin Shroud and of Manoppello's Holy Face. They seem to be practically coincident to most people (and to several kind of analyses).

So, going back to the explanation of the resurrection vignette hereabove and further, understandably to any Christian believer, we may think that if the Big Bang was the first Creation of the physical universe start by means of God's Word, the Resurrection could similarly be another and new Creation moment for mankind, the intended beneficiary of such Creation.
    There too God's Word may have impressed quite tangibly the seal His glory and power on anything as well as the ineffable mercy and love of the Allmighty Father. As usual, our Lords take care of the needs of our nature, also of the concrete evidences our senses and mind requires too sharing our nature in full; why should He have otherwise come to us in a human body?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dear Caesar,
    As always, you have so beautifully expressed the very essence of the
    Easter celebration ... joyous renewal of earth and spirit. An uplifting
    and reverent presentation.

I could not help but relate to the shroud image in this touching piece
    since recently watching an updated documentary on the Shroud of Turin
    and there certainly has been much controversy about the relic but new
    evidence and technology seems to indicate more accurate carbon dating
    and testing procedures alluding to the possible authenticity of the cloth.
    The titillating intrigue and mystery of this historical icon continues.

Happy Easter dear friend!
    Mairzie Dotes

Dear Caesar, what a feeling it must be to live in your land this time of year, it was a tradition in our area that many churches had a Passion Play called Veronicas Veil, that seems to have fallen by the wayside, really appreciate your historic lessons and the crown of thorns stains on both pictures is remarkable, you impression of the Easter Celebration is beautiful,! Best wishes for this beautiful season and holyday!