ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Let's look at things from a different view.

Let's look at things from a different view.

I did this type of project in the way back... Hopefully it hasn't been done already. The first time I did it. I had a picture of a crane, you could see his eye and his leg, but without looking very closely. You could miss the true subject of the picture.

The idea is to take any object (living or inanimate) and zoom in on a defining attribute. Then draw/paint that particular spot.

Here are some examples. The flower is what I did and the other was just cut out of a image on the internet of a tiger that I might use as a reference if I had picked the tiger.

Can be anything, in any style! You don't have to do what I did or use the tiger. Find something you like and give us a different view!

No contest or anything like that, just enjoy yourself!

I am just curious to see what kind of things everyone chooses.

I look forward to seeing what everyone does.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunflower2a.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	43636  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MJSparks; 03-31-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Most certainly does! It's a different view than we'd normally get of a butterfly on a flower.

juicy

Thank you Magen for a great project. I am new to digital art and haven't been able to recreate what I see in my minds eye. Never-the-less, this is it...can you tell what it is? My skill (or lack of) adds a handicap - just to make it harder

I love the two contributions so far. The boldness of yours Magen in contrast with the detail of the butterfly, it is so interesting to note the differences in style. This is such a fun forum

ETA: the white should have been much creamier in colour...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shasha; 04-08-2010 at 04:11 AM.

I would guess this is a strawberry in cream. (My mouth started watering when I saw it.)

Oh, you're right, it does look a bit like a strawberry! But that is not what it was supposed to be, I was looking at a portion of pomegranate. Thanks for taking a guess

hi shasha Like Doc I thought it was a strawberry and cream Nice to see u were so honest

Shasha -

Thank you for commenting on my flower. I did this type of thing back in high school. It was tremendously fun and gives you a chance to really look deep at something. It's also great practice to improve and hone your skills.

I would not have guessed that you're image is a pomegranate! I don't believe that you have a lack of skill. Seeing a pomegranate sliced up, you've got it down great. I didn't recognize it because I don't believe I've ever seen the actual fruit sliced until today.

I usually just see the juice as I pour it into my mixed drinks!

My first impression was red jellybeans.

Hi megan just to say thanks for telling me how to get the photo out
    does this also apply to text if it does what do u have to do if only want part of it regards E+

Eighty,

Not sure what kind of text you're trying to do something with. Are you copying text from the internet to save or trying to remove text from something?