ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Honeysuckle

Wild Honeysuckle

A try at the honeysuckle. Oil except for knife. Smooth metal canvas.

If you see this Skylar....go easy now. You stated that it was time for me to do more detail and move on, so here I try.
    I am out of my comfort zone and insecure about oils. The leaves are what give me more of a challenge. C&C welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sandy, that is splendidly done. Great job!

It is pleasant to view.

Gorgeous flowers .... and what a stunning oil painting mastery, dear Sandra! Absolutely excellent!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sandy these are outstanding, and I love the color. Wish I could be as terrific as you.
    Val
    Valerie

Mike, Earle, Cesare, Valerie, Thank you so very much! I appreciate your kind comments!
    I still am not satisfied with my leaves. I can paint just about anything with a brush, but when it comes to the digital pen and brushes I have an extremely hard time with leaves, but you all have been so very kind and generous.

These are wonderful and pull so many memories for me. I used to live near a small wooded area as a kid, The whole area was covered in honey suckle. I would sit on this rock that was nearly nest like and watch a small creek trickle over the rocks while watch the humming birds and other critters would come for the nectar in the flowers.

I love the smell of them and your picture is so good I can nearly smell them and hear the small trickle of that tiny creek that gave me so much peace.

Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful, you should not be uncomfortable with oils, you're very talented!

A most beautiful painting Sandra, and to me one of your very best. The colours are wonderful as is all of the painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Magen, What a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it. I love honeysuckles too, and your story sounds like a beautiful dream. I appreciate your comment, and everyone has been so encouraging. For some reason it is not natural to me to use oils. My aunt is a very good artist and she has been wanting me to use oils for years. I think I will keep at it in hopes that I can apply this learning experience to the canvas as well as enjoying it with the pen. Thank you so much!

Katie, You are my favorite flower artist, and your comment makes my day. I am going to keep at it in hopes that I can make those gorgeous leaves that you do. They twist and turn and seem so alive. Thanks so much.

I like your flowers. I've been pen & inking then coloring in ... You've inspired me to try it your way ... real! Thanks. When I get some flowers done, I'll post.