ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ussr

Red face Ussr

Oil and Roller, no ref, no research...

I have to agree with Alexandra.

You are very talented GB, an excellent painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Nice. If you were so inclined, or if it fits your theme, you might want to toss in a couple accents into the eyes to make them a little more lively. The overall head appearance says sensual, almost playful fantasy cuteness kind of thing, based largely upon the really sensual lips and rouge in the cheeks. Seems like graphic novel fare, so without a literary reason like her cute appearance hides the soul of a cold killer, the eyes could pull the 'babe' fantasy up a notch. You use highlights in many of the other areas, including the ball of the nose, so the lack in the eye is notable.

Other than that, it looks great! She really is worth looking at and would be someone that one would follow through a graphic novel quite easily.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very russian, gb. Like the loose brush, palette and must say it is exceptional work..with one thing ... never ever any girl wore the hat like this... it was somehow a man's outfit of power but maybe
    a lot of things changed even in Russia.Very good...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice. If you were so inclined, or if it fits your theme, you might want to toss in a couple accents into the eyes to make them a little more lively. The overall head appearance says sensual, almost playful fantasy cuteness kind of thing, based largely upon the really sensual lips and rouge in the cheeks. Seems like graphic novel fare, so without a literary reason like her cute appearance hides the soul of a cold killer,
    Thank you for your comment D Akey. She could also be a nurse in the army, but one day she was told by her boyfriend to kill an officer who use to be her teacher in school.

Very nice painting and well done without any references.

Quote Originally Posted by gb_whisper View Post
    Thank you for your comment D Akey. She could also be a nurse in the army, but one day she was told by her boyfriend to kill an officer who use to be her teacher in school.
    Wow. High drama steeps in the steppes. Well, she is lovely, and clearly has poor taste in boyfriends. . . or teachers. . . or both. . . as the intrigue mounts. Yikes!

Yep. A bona fide heroine with a deadening conflict ahead. Cool or cold tension.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    Very russian, gb. Like the loose brush, palette and must say it is exceptional work..with one thing ... never ever any girl wore the hat like this... it was somehow a man's outfit of power but maybe
    a lot of things changed even in Russia.Very good...
    Thank you for your comment AT-TA.
    As far as I know, a hat like this is kinda like a symbol of fashion in China. I checked some pictures online and I see Russian girls wearing this hat but they are not really soldiers. Might need more research on their outfit, how would a Russian female soldier look like in USSR time.