ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radial Head replacement

Red face Radial Head replacement

Hi Artragers,
    I havent been around for awhile.
    First off I had a road trip with a close friend which involved over 4000kms and some of the best MTB trails going.It was a Mountainbike getaway we went in the Mt Buller MTB festival and on the way home stop at Australia's Capital for some more mountainbiking! I was gone for 10 days.Then when I got back we went in a fun ride arranged by the Brisbane City Council.Road cylces this time,a 80km ride.About 7000 cyclists entered in the 15km/30km and 80km events,which was wonderful to see.Most of the roads were closed off to traffic.
    Everything was fantastic and my fitness is the best it's ever been until the 10km ride back to the car,I went over the bars and smashed the top of my elbow into the bitumen at about 20kms/hr.End result a sheared off smashed radial head.I had surgery last week,after surgery I have lost use of my arm and hand seems to be nerve damage? I'm lucky it was my left arm,but it still sucks as I need help to shower etc .There is a youtube clip of the exact surgery I had.Oh I really miss shortcuts on keyboard too Very sorry to dump this news,just thought this was the easy way to let fellow members know that I still exist.
    All the best to all my AR mates.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dear SCP, I wish you all the best ,and a good recovery from those injuries . I hope the arm gets back to normal use.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

SC, I sincerely hope your quick recovery, Lima.

Wishing you a quick and complete recovery! (And a welcome back!) Al

Dear SCP, OUCH OUCH and DOUBLE OUCH!!! have bumped my crazy bone and that really hurts, can't imagine how you were hurting!!! hope you heal up 100%, so sorry, a fellow heard most accidents happen 25 miles from home so he moved, seriously, guess you will get some therapy, best wishes and get well soon!!!

Scott!! Yikes!! What a painful injury!!! I was wondering where you've been... I figured you were out having fun. Sorry to hear about the crash, you must have been flyin! My wife fractured her radial head from a mountain bike crash a few years ago (yours sounds worse) and she pretty much lost a whole summer of activity because of it. It has fully recovered but she rides a lot slower now. Thanks for checking in and I hope for a speedy recovery for you!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thankyou all for the well wishes!
    I wasn't going fast at all,just a very bad abrupt landing onto the top of my elbow/forearm that shattered and dislodged the radial head.
    So it has been replaced with a alloy part.
    The pain is not fun,I'm not getting much sleep and I have started physiotherapy which is insane torture!!

I have tried 2 different painkiller meds and I have bad reactions to both so I'm off painkillers for now.I still can't open/extend my fingers.
    All the best,

Scott.

It has been 7 weeks since my surgery and I'm getting alot more movement and use from my arm.My hand still has nerve damage,the surgeon is cofident this will fix itself over time.
    Here are some X-rays of the injury.
    I have one of what a normal Radial head should look like,then after my accident and then after surgery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radial Head Surgery.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	45118  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cool that you've done the surgery. Now a lot of physiotherapy and you'll be OK. Hi!!! SC cool that you're well.

Great to hear from you SCP sorry that you've wiped out and injured yourself, from the look of the injury it seems that you may have been trying to get a land speed record when you came off.

Take care of yourself and i hope that your well on your way to recovery and that the physio gets lets painful for you
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)