ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard Shortcut for Rotate Canvas?

Keyboard Shortcut for Rotate Canvas?

Is there a way to setup a keyboard shortcut that allows you to rotate the canvas? I used to have this assigned to a button on my tablet in the earlier version of Artrage, but it seems like it's missing now... or am I missing something?

Can you let us know what make and model of tablet you're using, and what you've set up to make the canvas rotate previously? The keyboard modifiers for rotating the canvas between ArtRage 2.x and ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro are the same by default, but once I have a better idea of your setup there I should be able to advise.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I think Jlward might be referring to how one could tap the "R" key in ArtRage 2.5 in order to pull up Rotation Icon allow the user to rotate the canvas. I haven't seen an option like that in ARSP. You could set the Canvas Positioner up with a hot key, using the shortcuts panel. Then you could hit "R" (or the key of your choice) to call up the Positioner so you can rotate the canvas that way. Though, I normally just use the "Hold Alt" and "Right Click Drag" feature to rotate the canvas.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hey Dave,

I have a Wacom Intuos 3. I had it set up (in the previous version of Artrage) so that when I pushed the toggle switch (on the stylus) down it would read that input as a keystroke that allowed me to rotate the canvas.

I had everything set up so that I could work pretty independent of the keyboard and do all of the stuff I did most frequently just from the tablet. I'm using Studio Pro.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the keystroke was and I've since moved to a different computer. I don't see anywhere that allows me to setup a keyboard shortcut for rotation-- only stuff about the Canvas Positioner.

Thanks,

John

And it isn't the "alt" key + right click ?
    I use this way too, and I feel that it is really convenient (having alt set as an express key, not on the stylus).

Alt + Right Click works, but I can't do that with a single button/switch. Using that method requires that I set up one of the Express Keys as a Right Click and another as the Alt key.

I think I had probably defined the shortcut for Rotate in the previous version to a single key; but, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that now. It's no big deal. I was just trying to get things to work the same way they had earlier.

I guess that you have removed the right click from your stylus ? Not me : this is very useful in artrage : moving the canvas, changing the size of the brush, ...

I have changed the default settings for the stylus. I had it set up so that pushing down would rotate and pushing the switch up would let me move the canvas around. It's really not too big of a problem as I have two extra Express keys that I hadn't figured out what to do with. So, I've just set them to be Alt and Right Click. Couldn't have done it without you though. Thanks for reminding me what the shortcut equivalent was.

Ok, on my side I have the right click on the down button of the stylus :
    ** I use the right click (drag) to move around in the canvas
    ** Shift + Right click (drag left,right) to zoom in and out
    ** Alt + Right click (drag left, right) to rotate the canvas
    ** Shift + click (drag left, right) to change the size of the brush

Having modifier keys (ctrl/cmd, alt and shift) plus the right click on the stylus allow me to avoid a lot to use the keyboard.

I have also the undo on the touch ring set to very slow (there is some sensitive slide on the intuos 3, isn't it), and I have set most of the command of Artrage on the wacom menu that I open with the up switch. One of my express key is for the clear canvas mode.

I still have 4 express key that I do not really use at this time. If any body has an idea, it would be greatly appreciated

That's a nice sounding set up. I may have to make some changes. I've never really messed with Artrage a whole lot before the current version. I wasn't really aware that so many of those functions were accessible via the 'right click'.