ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pen troubles

pen troubles

Has anyone come across this problem?
    I've just tried to open a new painting which was fine untill I tried to work on the paper, when the pen moves, so does the paper and it doesn't matter which tool I use the same thing happens, the buttons on the pen do not appear to be sticking. Any advice please

You could try making sure that none of your keyboard keys are stuck in the down position - sounds like the space bar to me...

This issue has been mentioned before in a few other threads. If it's not the space bar being stuck, use the forum search feature using keywords like canvas and move. You should find a number of threads discussing the issue and various reasons for the problem. Here's a couple of them:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=18039

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=24498
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I used to have this problem on mine, it appeared only on certain days or certain times. Normally when a program was connected to the internet and updating (windows update for example) but the problem got worse over time and I could only fix it with a restart.

It wasn't restricted to Art Range either, it also happened with the other art programs I had as well (Adobe Photoshop, MS Paint), and it was the same for both my old Bamboo One and Intuos 3 tablets.

What operating system are you using? When this kept happening I was using windows XP, but the problem was solved as soon as I installed windows 7, so maybe it's a glitch with XP.

Had the same issue in other apps that would get stuck on the move selection.
    The way it went away was to hit the spacebar a few times or spacebar with arrow up/down button at the same time.

Hans