ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Using Artrage

Using Artrage

I've come to find out that anything I make with the artrage program I can only use with the artrage program.
    For instance....
    This afternoon I was going to show my husband the project I had been working on all morning. So I went to 'My Pictures' where I had it saved to... and right clicked on the picture then tried to go to 'Open with...' and open it with my windows media veiwer. But not even if I go back into the program and 'save as' to a .jpg file or anything else will it open. I HAVE TO OPEN IT IN ARTRAGE!!
    Well that sucks BIG TIME!! How do I show off my stuff say on my facebook wall or send anything in an Email....
    HELP!!!

Use EXPORT to save, and then save in the format that you want

Omg Your Amazing!!!!

Thaaaaaaank You Ever So Much!!

Muuuah

Yep - the ArtRage file has a lot of extra options like texture and lighting saved into it that other programs can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelloni View Post
    Omg Your Amazing!!!!

Thaaaaaaank You Ever So Much!!

Muuuah
    Nope, just read a few of the help files

It's also a good plan to keep a copy of your work in ArtRage's format, due to what Flynn mentioned about texture, paint thickness and so on. This will mean that you have a complete painting with all of the information on your paint properties and so on, should you decide you want to make some further changes to your work.

Welcome to the forums!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design