ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Binary Version 2.2

Binary Version 2.2

I downloaded the free version of ArtRage a while ago and fell in love with it; this really is an amazing program. Unfortunately I then got a new computer which happened to be a dual-core Mac, so I've been waiting for this binary version to come out. Imagine my excitement to find it has now been released! I just want to make sure I understand how this works.

Are the ArtRage 2 links that appear on the Download page the newest 2.2 versions, or do I have to download version 2 and then get the Auto Updater? I just wasn't sure since it just says 2, not 2.0 or 2.11 or 2.2 or whatever other versions there have been. And does 2.2 exist in a free version? If not it's not really a problem; as many have said, the program is definitely worth the astoundingly low cost. I'm just a little confused over which versions are where.

Forgive me if I sound clueless, but I'm new to the world of Macs and I never had to pay attention much to versions or OS before since virtually everything was available for PC... Anyways, I'd appreciate any help so I can get back to playing around with ArtRage!

Currently only the Full version of ArtRage 2.2 has a Universal Binary for MacOSX. We're in the process of putting together the free build this week, it should be released early next week, so long as testing goes well.

The Auto Updater only works with the Full version of ArtRage
    It will not work with the Free version of ArtRage. After all, when there's a new update to the free version you can just download the complete installer again.
    If you want the advantage of having an auto-updater, (and get layers, layer blend modes, more tools, more control, reference images, metallics, PSD import/export, etc) then you can buy the Full version for just US$19.95
    Heck, at that price even if there was only one feature of the Full version you liked, it would still be well worth it!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Ah, I see now. I have gone ahead and purchased the full version though, so no more need to wait for the free version. Indeed, there is a lot to play with. Thanks!

Ah, great.
    And you're now on the 'Getting lots of new stuff regularly' train...
    The Full version of ArtRage will get regular updates with new features as we add them. And there are some exciting new toys upcoming.

The Free version only gets updated occasionally and doesn't get all the cool new toys.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"