ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: where does it go?

Gallery
    View images

where does it go?

There is some amazing and beautiful artwork here! For instance, one of roses and satin! I guess even art is relative and doodles can compare to genious. But, in this media it a appears after the work is done and the computer is turned off, there is nothing tangible (pardon my spelling) left to hold or look at or share. It's gone off into cyber space somewhere. If i crochetted, i would have a nice warm afghan for the winter, but what would say,VanGough, do today to have a hard copy of his work, if this was his only tool? thank you. :?:

Gallery
    View images
    Well, if we're lucky, the digital versions would still exist, some well funded museum would pay to keep the format converted into current formats, and fresh new copies would be available for anyone that wanted to view or print them!

D.

Gallery
    View images

where does it go?

Hmm, maybe in about 2106 the Antiques Road Show will apraising digital art, guess will settle right now for cold pizza.

Gallery
    View images
    Lee, you bring up a concern that is not often brought up on the forums. What is tangable and have computers changed this perception of tangable.
    My art is as much process as it is product. If I lose a painting I can redo if not exactly perhaps better.
    Does it matter if it is paint or pixels?
    You'll know when you get there!

Gallery
    View images
    I belong to the SAA, (Society of All Artists, www.saa.co.uk) and have been nagging them about accepting digital stuff in their competitions.
    If anybody else is a member, join in the nag.

You can submit jpegs to them by e-mail.
    But the crunch rule is this..

"All work must be available for final judging."

How could this be achieved with Artrage?

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.