ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yotex's gallery...【4.16】 Camellia

Yotex's gallery...【4.16】 Camellia

Another try with watercolor. I wanted to draw a girl making up when somebody opened her door by mistake. Actually this is a scene that I wrote in my story which was obviously romanticized in this picture...

I layed main tone in photoshop becasue AR doesn't have big brushes .

I usually draw but seldom paint, and I had never learned how to use colors. So it was quite a struggle working with colors. when I applyed the colors I was very careful. I figured out where to start but couldn't go deeper.
    Hope someone here can give me some advice.

【No. 001】
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hr4.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	43193  
    Last edited by yotex; 04-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Die before I could...

i just found that I should have post this in the critique section.
    Can this post be moved there?
    Die before I could...

I'm in the same boat as you Yotex, so I will be following this thread carefully. Lovely picture. Nice colours.

Wonderfull one !! I like it a lot !

But what do you mean by "Artrage does not have big brushes" ?

Such a delicate painting, I love it as it conjures up a lot of thoughts. Love it. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Lovely fluid lines yotex it's so delicately drawn and painted, I love this style.

Thanks for all the feedbacks!

to Likoum: I mean, in artrage it's hard to spray colours smoothly in a big area. As in this pic, I needed to lay main colours to set the tone, but the airbrush tool was too small even at 100% size. If I sized it over 200%, the system became very slow. but i could do this work easily in photoshop, with its normal round pen (edge softed, low opacity) that didn't need much system resource.

this picture is still in progress. But I now feel hard to go any deeper.
    Die before I could...

I redid her hair and modified her body a bit. and some details were added. this is not the perfect ending, but I have to stop here and start basic studying now. this picture makes a good reminder that there is still a lot for me to learn.

I'd like to make this thread my own gallery, so that the forum resource is saved and I can easily find all my works and watch myself grow. I once had another gallery thread, but it was moved so I have to make another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Die before I could...

I haven't had a need much so I haven't checked it out, but I understand that brushes can be imported from Photoshop into ArtRage. I thought I read a thread about it somewhere. May want to ask somewhere more about technical stuff like that.

Wonderful drawing. The tone is soft and gives it a lot of color without competing with the line. Well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream