ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Storbacka's Digital Artist

Harry Storbacka's Digital Artist

Doesn't look like anyone has posted this yet. A painting app that allows perspective drawing on the fly. Really cool stuff. Free for non-commercial use.

http://www.da-gfx.com/

Cool. I'm a Mac guy though. Looks very useful for certain things. Thanks!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Just tried to run it on my Laptop. It gives me an error saying I need at least OpenGL version 3.

My graphics chip seems not to support the program. Luckily AR still runs just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Sweedie View Post
    Yes, you need Radeon or nVidia to run the prog. Intel does not work...
    Hi Sweedie,

My laptop does have a Mobility Radeon X600 graphics chip, but it appears to only be capable of running OpenGL version 2.

On a regular basis I'm running some rather graphic intensive programs on my laptop just fine, for instance ZBrush, Carrara Pro and Hexagon (for 3D) and Photoshop & AR Studio Pro (for 2D). I suspect these programs may utilise Direct3D rather than OpenGL. I also use similar programs from time to time. I rarely come across a program which my graphics chip (although dated) is not capable of running.

Anyhoo, its a shame the program under discussion does not want to play nicely with my laptop. It seems pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by yvan_c View Post
    Hi Sweedie,

My laptop does have a Mobility Radeon X600 graphics chip, but it appears to only be capable of running OpenGL version 2.

On a regular basis I'm running some rather graphic intensive programs on my laptop just fine, for instance ZBrush, Carrara Pro and Hexagon (for 3D) and Photoshop & AR Studio Pro (for 2D). I suspect these programs may utilise Direct3D rather than OpenGL. I also use similar programs from time to time. I rarely come across a program which my graphics chip (although dated) is not capable of running.

Anyhoo, its a shame the program under discussion does not want to play nicely with my laptop. It seems pretty cool.
    Another Hexagon 3D user.... !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Another Hexagon 3D user.... !!!
    Yeah baby!

I've tried a few other modelers (well those I could afford anyway (...read "free")) but Hex is still my favourite. Nothing else comes close as far as ease of use goes IMHO. Between Carrara, Hex and ZBrush I am a happy camper as far as my 3D needs are concerned. Combine these with AR Studio Pro and I have more than I will probably ever need.

I must confess I would like to have Cinema 4D and/or Modo, but not at those price tags. I am just a hobbyist for crying out loud.

Thumbs up

Nice find! The brush engine is a bit limited but the perspective feature makes up for it. Once you get hang of it it's surprisingly easy to use.

Lightbulb

I'm here today for the exact reason to mention this program - glad to see others have caught wind of it.

I use Artrage a lot for creating storyboards and I use the stencils extensively for generating perspective guide lines.

I would love to have a similar 3D Cursor as Digital Artist calls it in ArtRage.

I wasn't able to run the program at work either, I'm not sure why he's using OGL v3.0, I don't see all that much being done that can't be done with OGL v2.x? Perhaps a coupla emails to him may persuade him to roll back to OpenGL v2, dunno.

His program makes it really easy to paint and draw with perspective without a bunch of fuss or guideline setup.

Anyway, I'd love to see similar in my favorite art program.

-Will
    "With THIS!, you could be like GOD!..." - Kozer, Blake's 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sweedie View Post
    Yes, you need Radeon or nVidia to run the prog. Intel does not work...
    and you need one of the newer cards, not just the brands you mentioned. I'd love to try it, but I can't justify a new video card to make one program work (as I slowly pry the cooling fan from the video card, in hopes of a heat problem to provide the required justification )
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got