ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me...

Tell me...

There are more things in heaven and earth...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tell me.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	42963  
    Last edited by Lima; 03-13-2010 at 01:14 PM.

...Than are dreamt of in your philosophy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tellme.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	42964  
    Last edited by Lima; 03-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.

I LOVE both of them.

I saw the first one first and immediately got excited because it alludes directly or indirectly to a consciousness that shows a point in time, someone in the here and now looking backward, looking forward with this as the nexus or crossing point. And it speaks to the pinnacle of being an outsider, the one in the community who is outside the pale who is setting up his own contact with that which is larger, a gamble of faith that his lack of following convention has a grounding, with the possibility that it actually may be so. Win, loose or draw, it shows the intention.

To me this shows the idea of vision, of it working, of living far beyond the narrowness of personal gain. This one looks for the harmony of the universe, and may well choose to operate at that level -- like Merlin or some aboriginal equivalent. I would imagine that in Brazil, it is probably far more connected to societies that support that old world tribal consciousness owing to there being groups that are still Native American and/or African, and I would think Australia would have people of that style as well among other places in the world. I'm keying in on the figure you painted though to draw a sense of place.

Very fine work. I must say, I kinda relate to this fellow on some fundamental levels.

Beautiful work. . . and visionary. Bravo! and Ole'.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

What a great piece of work! Very powerful.

What a wonderfully poetic set of images. Mystical & magical, indeed!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Carl Sagan said: "We are the stuff of stars" and these two paintings brought that quote to the surface.

I particularly like the first one.The juxtaposition of the man's solitary abandonment as he holds his vision of cosmic connection in his hand is the kind of poetic image that doesn't just stir the imagination, it makes your DNA vibrate in an excited recognition of the truth: The very existence of even the most marginal among us is a miracle beyond comprehension.

We see a lot of imaginative work posted here, we see a lot of playful and joyful images, we see a lot of "cool" stuff and we see a lot of beautifully rendered fantasy or reality art. All of it is great, but I suspect that it will be quite a while before we see anything this deep posted here again.

And none of this even mentions the extraordinary paint handling and colors!
    Last edited by alkratzer; 03-13-2010 at 06:51 PM.

This immage is very heavy, in the sense of what kind of message it is delivering: we do know a lot but we do not know what we all want to know... what happens when... is there anything after.... as was it ever before...mystique is the word we use for thisk kind of thinking...and sadly we never get to know, that's why we will starve to death... shrivell and fall of a tree like an overripened prune... this is more or less about the unknown... and we do not necessary have to be old to think about such things...
    Oriane, wonderful work... the colors makes us see here...the scene itself so unprobable to most of us... yes... there are stars in the hand of this old men... stars of hope .... of somekind...of hope whatever we dare to dream of...yeah...the staff of philosophy thinkers and pure people as well... i want to catch up one of the star from his palm...i wonder where it would lead me... east... west... far... closer...oh gosh...i am also dying of starvation... the inner one... yes... material is not all. to a good meaningflul life .. bread and water is..for the body as for the soul as well and this pic talks all about this.... bring us more i am humbly asking... so it will nudge me to sing and play that melody... that was played in an echo on the path of my life.till now so quietly . so i will dare to let it play louder for all the people to hear....

My all four thumbs up... both hands are clapping and gee.. something in me is beginning to hurt...

Love can move mountains and colors can talkto us in the tongue we understand the most. I just love this theme and this piece. Gosh, i wish i could say it all in just two sentences... but somehow i couldn't ... and yes writing about what i feel watching this picture, i maybe be a fool...but do i care?

Oriane - just following up on everyone's admiring comments - outstanding works. I am reminded - "We are starlight". Very moving works, both of them. The second is transcendent.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

The concrete and abstract all in one. Most grand!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes