ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Durian - Digital painting course

Durian - Digital painting course

Durian is an animated open movie project that I have been following. One of the Durian artists, David Revoy, has released a 20 minute preview of his digital painting course called Chaos & Evolutions. See blog entry here: http://durian.blender.org/news/news-...os-evolutions/

He is very talented and makes digital painting look effortless!! I wish I had an ounce of his talent.
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

Wow...that's quite the impressive video...

Thanks kindly for sharing and posting....

I've read alot of digital artists (Android Jones comes to mind) are using Alchemy to help develop new ideas and stimulate the imagination...

Cheers

Ken

I just thought to bump this thread a bit to point out an important issue. The course will be available under a permissive Creative Commons license just like most of the material produced by Blender Foundation. This means it will be freely available once it's released.

Of course if you like the product and want to support the development it's a good idea to buy a copy or to donate directly to the foundation.

I attended Revoy's workshops at the last Blender Conference. I was totally stunned. The guy is good!

I just noticed they made a nice preview of the content available. Quite a few lessons.

Revoy has also released the brushkit he uses available under Creative Commons. It should be easy to extract the stencils using GIMP and use them elsewhere as well.

lot of good information is covered in that video. thanks.

I would like to add if you do not mind that i picked up a book over at amazon (it got here this past Friday) called "Digital Painting Volume Three".

Its got a couple of artist who use Artrage to work up their first sketches. It's beautifully produced, all color glossies all the time and everything is a tutorial.

I saw the video and was wowed by it and thought I might mention this book as it might be a nifty companion piece.