ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR to Traditional -- my version

AR to Traditional -- my version

Inspired by Eddie's excellent thread, here's a look at my conversion of an AR painting into a physical acrylic. (Painting size: 24" x 36" time: 4 hours)

First the ArtRage version, followed by the acrylic, followed by the WIP shots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newesttrumpet.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	42948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acrylicsm.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	42950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steps.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	42951  
    Last edited by alkratzer; 03-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.

This is fantastic Al! I don't think I ever mentioned in my thread that is was your violin painting you posted a while ago that actually got me on the traditional kick! When I saw your version both in AR and in traditional... It got me thinking! So thank you!

This turned out excellent! I like how you built up the color with the acrylic to give a nice under painting of color! The resemblance is incredible. AR is quite the tool for planning a traditional medium painting! I also enjoyed Jules thread where she then took the traditional, imported it back into AR and took it further. The two environments are turning out to be more compatible than I first thought they would be. You never know, the end result may end up being a hybrid of digital and traditional - Tradigital! Beautiful painting!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Wonderful AL, this type of work represents a real breakthrough in the use of the program AR3. Simply wonderful, Al, your initiative is highly appreciated.

From Artrage to acrylics, good to see another painter using this powerful tool in both mediums. They complement each other. Great palette on both!!

Wonderful job, AL. ANd thank for wip's, always interesting how the pic came about...

I am the third one, to get back to real stuff... at least for a while... will see... am to lazy to cleanup the mess after....

Wow, the real thing! Excellent!!! Do you find yourself going for the undo button and then... Oh yeah that's right.... I do when sketching.
    I'm glad you posted this.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Al, thats great. I really like all your paintings and to see this one on a real canvas is wonderful. Well done and congratulations
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Ai these are awesome
    Val
    Valerie

Thanks to all for viewing and commenting, but particularly to Ed for getting me going. I've added a new thread in the Tips and Tricks section that takes things a bit further.

Ed: "Tradigital" is perfect. Love it.

TonyJazz: Thanks! Try as I might, I cannot escape from my pallet for good or bad.

AT-TA: I look forward to seeing some examples!

Jibes: There were a few brush strokes that I wished I could immediately discard, fortunately a wet paper towel comes in handy for those cases. I do find i can copy the digital up to a point and then I have to turn off the monitor and bring it together as a physical painting at the end.