Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter's Mountain Tutorial

Sandy, I'm still not sure what "look" of background trees you are looking for.
    Take a look at the background trees here. Is this in the neighborhood?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheLastWildbuffalo.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	42976  

Oh my gosh Mike! This is wonderful!!!
    I will upload what I have tried. I don't know if it fits well-but it is pretty much what you suggested to the best of my abilities. I don't know if I will make a meadow, or lake yet. I would really love to paint water. My previous attempts, were okay, but not up to par really. That is another lesson for me. (background forest, oceans, and lakes)

I welcome any suggestions. Thanks-Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Excellent! You have done a great job with that Sandra.

If you prefer a lake or river, then go for it. The only way you learn, is to do. I still struggle with water.
    I've followed all the steps in Peter's tutorial, but still comes out looking blah... But, I keep trying, and one of these days..

Thanks Mike, I didn't know if my trees were too dark, or if I should have layered them as well. At least I can go back if I need to and make adjustments. I will be looking forward to more of this project. It has been a nice challenge. I appreciate all of your help. If any other ideas pop up-please don't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Thanks Mike, I didn't know if my trees were too dark, or if I should have layered them as well. At least I can go back if I need to and make adjustments. I will be looking forward to more of this project. It has been a nice challenge. I appreciate all of your help. If any other ideas pop up-please don't hesitate.
    I thought you handled the trees really well. The ones in the background are darker as they would be in the shadows, and the ones in the foreground, you highlighted because they would be catching light.
    Looking forward to seeing more of this project!

Almost finished!

I am trying to decide on animals, or an old cabin. I don't know what I want to do yet. But here it is so far.

Simply outstanding! You are doing a great job with this Sandra.
    The Mountain peaks, trees and grass, are all excellent.
    Looking forward to the next installment!

rocsujana Guest
    Really i am very aspire after published the article in this site. It has lot of important things. I want to know some other things from this post.

Hi Roc, I had always wanted to paint those beautiful mountains, and you may want to see the tutorial in the tips section by Peter.
    You are most welcome to join in the fun.
    Here is my finished project that I uploaded into the gallery.