Thread: Peter's Mountain Tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Peter's Mountain Tutorial

I am learning to do something that I have always wanted to do. I was afraid to even try.
    I commend Peter on his self taught brilliant techniques and his generous spirit in sharing and passing on this joy of painting.

Now I ask for help again with this painting. I don't know how to make trees as far as back ground trees. I am also still learning how to paint water.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sandra, I think I may have a few ideas that will help with the trees, but I have a plumbing problem that has to be fixed right away.
    I'll get back with you when I can.

Mike

Alexandra, you are CERTAINLY getting the hang of it better than I. I'm still having trouble with that lighting effect on the rocks.

Can't wait to see yours when it is finished
    +I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

Mike, you poor thing, I thought maybe there was something to brownies or angry goblins because my sink plumbing stayed broken. I had four plumbers, my husband, my brother in law, and then myself. My father in law Bless him came over and found the trouble. The ring thinga majig (forgive me) was too small that came with the kit, and he went to an old hardware store in town and brought everything in and replaced it and a few pipes. Something so small can be so big. I was thrilled not to have to wash my dishes in buckets anymore. Good luck.

Thanks Alan, but I wish that I could get the same effect that Peter has on those rocks! I am going to keep on trying though. On these I used the pencil on 100% soft for the highlights, and I will check on size of point. I used oil on the second mountain.
    Thank you so much! When will I see yours?

I love the detailing you have so far. It's turning out to be really beautiful. It wouldn't suprise me to see a handsome wolf pack strolling up or a mountain goat. That looks like a perfect spot to get some sun.

Perhaps you could look at some landscape mountains and get some reference ideas? I'm not sure how far back you want them to go.

Disregard, and go down to the next post.

Last edited by barnburner; 03-13-2010 at 10:05 AM.

rocsujana Guest
    Really i am very aspire after published the article in this site. It has lot of important things. I want to know some other things from this post.

Hi Roc, I had always wanted to paint those beautiful mountains, and you may want to see the tutorial in the tips section by Peter.
    You are most welcome to join in the fun.
    Here is my finished project that I uploaded into the gallery.
    Attached Images Attached Images