ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pure white Canvas in jpg-Export, sorry once again

Pure white Canvas in jpg-Export, sorry once again

Hi!

First off all: my English is out off use and I hope I am able to explain my problem.

I am working on artrage 2.5 (just updated).

If I export my drawing as .jpg and import it to Corel Draw 11, the canvas ist always off-white, not pure white.

I set the layers background to transparent, but it doesn't help for it.

I read in this forum, that I shall press the F5 - key, but that didn't work, too. Where can I see if there is a reaction on pressing the key? If I press two times, the action is reverted? When do I have to press the F5 key?

Thanks for help

kernig

If you make the canvas transparent before export, make sure to export as PNG not jpg. Jpeg files don't support transparency so we have to add the canvas back to the image before export.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

ArtRage's default canvas is also off-white, but you can change the color by right clicking the background layer in the layers panel, then choosing 'Edit Paper Settings'.

Regarding the F5 key, pressing this key when you have your painting on the screen removes the lighting and you should see lighting effects disappear - any textured paint will look flat, metallic effects will be hidden, the canvas texture will be hidden.

Example: If you place down a standard stroke of oil paint on the canvas so that you can see the bristle marks, then press F5 you should see them disappear. Pressing the F5 key again turns the lighting back on and the bristle marks will reappear. If you export an image after turning off lighting, that image will not have lighting effects in it.

PNG export is definitely preferable to using JPG for the reason that Matt mentioned, and also will be higher quality than JPG files exported from ArtRage, as jpeg compression causes some loss of image quality.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks

Thanks for your help and explanations.

.png-Export works finde. I'll try the F5 - key next time working with Artrage.

Greetings vom Bavaria

kernig