ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: brush strokes with a crease

brush strokes with a crease

sometimes I get a brush stroke with a crease in it...I notice this in oil brushes because I use it a lot.

I can get it when I'm trying to draw a stroke where there's a curve, and it looks like the brush has to think about it before following the pen.

it's at the moment of pausing in the brush where it's thinking about it that the crease occurs.

anybody else?

a

Could you possibly post an example of what you're seeing there? You can attach an image to a post via 'Manage attachments' when making a post. We should be able to see from that what is happening.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

here is an example of several strokes made with the oil brush.

I tried to make them all the same speed...

it occurs to me that this might be an intentional behavior to give the look of "whisking" the canvas with the brush, but these were simply quick back and forth strokes.

I think it's owing to the head of the brush having to turn 180˚ as the stroke heads the other way, quickly, and for that split second, ArtRage expresses it as the brush leaving the canvas..

a

Thanks for that!

Here's some information on the way this sort of thing works in ArtRage from Andy. You're basically correct regarding the way the brush works with sharper corners / stroke reversals.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...9&postcount=19

I hope that's of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

good to know...

that should of occurred to me; it does a heck of a job of making it look like a frantic whisking stroke.

rock on!

a