ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Export as "baked" PSD

Export as "baked" PSD

Hi,

I've recently bought ARStudio Pro and played with Watercolor a bit. Maybe I'm just missing something, but when I export to PSD, it always keeps the layers.

Now, the trouble is - the layers then lose the relationship and dynamics between each other - set to Normal blending mode the paint layer simply doesn't show any of the paper texture. When I set the paint to Multiply, I get somewhat similar result to how the painting looks in AR, but I'd like to have an option to get the exact same look in PSD as in AR.

JPEG export kinda works that way, but I rather wouldn't want to export to a compressed format.

My suggestion - give me the option to keep the layers, or bake them all into one which will look exactly as in AR.

(I apologize if this is a common suggestion or if I just overlooked something!)

Jan

Hi there and welcome on forums! I don't know if I got what you mean, but can't you export as TIFF of PNG? That would be not compressed, with all layers merged together, and with the canvas lighting visible (if you have it turned off). Have a nice time!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Hi there and welcome on forums! I don't know if I got what you mean, but can't you export as TIFF of PNG? That would be not compressed, with all layers merged together, and with the canvas lighting visible (if you have it turned off). Have a nice time!

That would be a solution indeed, I forgot there were the options of TIFF and PNG. I'm just lazy I guess - a direct PSD export would involve fewer clicks.

Thanks a lot for the answer, this will work.

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked Have a nice time with ArtRage!