ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Child in Door

Child in Door

I have been getting back into painting since I discovered wacom tablets and AR3. Here is a painting that I feel I am closing in on and just wanted to hear any C&C on it.

Took the picture at a hole-in-the-wall diner that was flooded from interstate travelers that had been detoured because of an accident...that place probably had not seen a profit like that since!

It is oil and ink.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Keep in mind that when painting from a photo, you can take any artist license you want to make your picture say what you want it to say. The photo is only a reference. Having said that, the right arm probably looks exactly like that in the photo, however it just doesn't seem to look right in a painting. I would work on the arm.

I kind of like the mysteriousness of the dark entry, but I was kind of wondering what it would look like it you could see just a hint of some furniture in there.

Nice overall feeling to the whole piece. Very nice.
    Carl

nice

I have to say, you portray an errie mood very well here. I hope thats what you were going for. Anyway, I think that beyond that you should show more behind the doorway than just a black sheet. Forsay if you were to put maybe a dark tunnel or maybe a dark room, it might add to the tone. Another thing is that the boy's anatomy is a bit off. Not horribly though, Maybe just change the arm. The picture is very nice, by the way. Thats all I can give you for help.