ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Images and Movements A Medical Image

Images and Movements A Medical Image

Many years ago, in the late nineties, I produced a CD ROOM in the medical-surgical field, titled "Images and Movements in Thoracic Surgery”. A kind of Surgery Simulator, such as a flight simulator. It was aimed at students, interns and residents in this area, and surgeons and trainees of other areas as well. This CD was published by a publishing house specialized in scientific books. The link to the publisher is here.

The figure shows a stylized pictorial AR3 view of a sternotomy (the main access to surgical procedures in the mediastinum and heart). The moving image can be seen here. I hope that you like.

If appropriate I can transfer this thread to the after 9 section, just let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esternot.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	42821  

Really neat and amazing painting, wonderful choice of colours also.

Most Impressive. Would you do the illus. the same way today?
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Quote Originally Posted by orianelima View Post
    Many years ago, in the late nineties, I produced a CD ROOM in the medical-surgical field, titled "Images and Movements in Thoracic Surgery”. A kind of Surgery Simulator, such as a flight simulator. It was aimed at students, interns and residents in this area, and surgeons and trainees of other areas as well. This CD was published by a publishing house specialized in scientific books. The link to the publisher is here.

The figure shows a stylized pictorial AR3 view of a sternotomy (the main access to surgical procedures in the mediastinum and heart). The moving image can be seen here. I hope that you like.

If appropriate I can transfer this thread to the after 9 section, just let me know.
    This is really amazing! I am moved that you would have used your artistic gift to help people learn. Really brilliant, especially considering what was going on in desktop publishing and so on at that time. I mean you were suddenly presented with the ability to do animation and your mind immediately started coming up with things near to the heart, so to speak hahaha. Brilliant and practical!!!! It works great, even though it's only one step in the process of course. Did you illustrate and animate the whole procedure?

This painting here now reminds me of a painting by Francis Bacon, although with a completely different voice. I believe Francis Bacon was trying to use paintings of meat as a social comment.

Very fine work again Orianelima, and thank you for sharing it. Makes me even more proud to know you than I already am from your art.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I do appreciate particularly this kind of procedure ....
    Nice painting and style for sure and life is much more than we usually tend to paint ... (although there's quite old and famous anatomy lesson painting in art history ...)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is really great Orian!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Now i know where you have seen those rich red colors.... in the human tissue and human blood.... oh... i must look inside my self .Can i borrough that saw...???oh... my insides are all blue... probably from eating too much blueberies... i love blueberies...hahahah...

Good painting, Oriane, nice textures... that's what is the most interesting on this pic.

Amazing!

The reason for posting these images, it is because reviewing what I've done these last years, clearly showed me a natural evolution for the digital world of art. This happened when ArtRage knocked on my door. At that very moment I realized that this program could improve my perception of art as a whole.

Then I discovered the AR Forums. And I have learned a lot, humbly, as Rob and Caesar says. Because of this contact I have studied things that I never thought of studying. So thanks to all of you.

Skylar and Akey, I did a whole book in this area with hundreds of images. This CD, I gave as a present to some friends in Toronto and in the USA. It is much appreciated by students in general and because of this I feel gratified. Akey I feel very honored by your words. Be sure that you have my highest esteem.

Just to illustrate a little more here are a few more images:

Pulmonary Vein Dissection and Ligature

Section of the Pulmonary Vein

Stapling the Pulmonary Artery (clipping with mini titanium clips)

Stapling of the Pulmonary Artery (final)

Thank you all very much.