ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Repeating Undo

Repeating Undo

Hello,
    I'm using Artrage 3, with a Intuos 3 tablet, and was wondering if there is a way to set the undo function to a repeating undo. When I first installed Artrage, the button already did this, (holding down the button, it continued to undo until I let off it) but uploaded new driver for the tablet today, and now it's only single undo's. If you need 10 undo's you have to hit the button this many times.
    ... Now I have figured out that you can assign the button to "CtrlZ" and add this as many times as you want (example, CtrlZCtrlZCtrlZCtrlZCtrlZCtrlZCtrlZCtrlZ) and it will undo as many times as you put it in, but was hoping there was a better coding for this, such as the brackets [&] for zooming in CS4.

Thanks, Dave.

Hi Dave,

ArtRage just looks for a keystroke so if it's only receiving a single stroke which appears to be standard for the Wacom tablets I've tried here after setting a shortcut key, there's not anything you can do within the application to change it. There may be a way of telling a shortcut to repeat with the Wacom software, but I'm unsure what that would be.

One thought: I notice that the zoom strip can send repeated keystrokes on the Intuos 3, so you could potentially map one of your zoom strips to ctrl+z in one direction, ctrl + y in the other direction for repeated undo operations if that's of any use to you. You can independantly map the Intuos 3 zoom strips and keep the other one with its current settings. Otherwise, Wacom may have further info on this.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

On an Intuos 4, I have set the Undo/Redo on the Touchring, I guess that on intuos 3, it is possible to do so on the sensitive slide, isn't it ?

Thank you Dave. ... Yes, I did look at doing it this way, but wasn't sure how well it would work. But it does work, though it is very touchy as Likoum stated it may be. ... I also just tried to order the new Intuos4 wireless from Wacom, but they said it would be available to shipping in the next couple weeks. They are going to notify as to when they're available. Thanks again guys.

I setup my touch ring for undo (Intuos 4), which repeats the undo, but I discovered it can be dangerous! I had added a text layer then changed my mind and deleted it, which takes a while on my PC, and then somehow I managed to send the app a whole lot of undos and redos with the touch ring, so I had to sit there for about 5 minutes while it added the text layer then removed it repeatedly...
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.