ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fire Gear sketch...

Fire Gear sketch...

Ok so, one of the things I really want to do is paintings of firefighting in all kinds of forms. I decided, the other night, to try my first digital sketch of a helmet, boots and a bit of turnout gear. I struggle with angles and perspective quite a bit. It's a big challenge for me. I know shading can make or break perspective also so I very nervously tried coloring this! lol

I tried my best to just relax and focus to get this sketched out. I did play around with the air brush. I've never used an air brush....in real life or otherwise. I don't know the rules involving air brush. I just wanted sort of a soft, colored pencil look I guess. ::shrugs:: I can see where I need adjustments, additions and other things. I would truly like to hear any input anyone might have. Any helpful tips at all? Anything you see standing out in a big way that might help me to do a better job at this type of thing?

Although this is in WIP, I don't think I'm going to mess with this anymore than I have already. It'll aggravate me. LOL Since it's not anything officially complete or to my liking, it's going up in this area of the forums.

There will be many many more to work on and try out, but here's what I've got for starters

Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek!

You're going on wonderfully, dear FFN!
    You did a great job this far and the watercolour like image is very well defined and painted!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

awww! Thank you so very much Caesar!! You are too kind! I guess it DOES have a water color look to it huh?! Hmmmm :onders::