ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: making a sticker

making a sticker

Dear Ragers,,, well, have come to the end of my rope, have tried to make a sticker from a picture i made, saved it as tooted, watched Judith's video too,,,actually did get it into the Sticker group, but, it is the whole canvas with the painting on it, you can see the canvas, not like a sticker is supposed to look, all trimmed and neat,,, my next step would be to make a shamrock sticker spray but that is way down the road, so, sometime in the future, if anyone is out there some day, with nothing to do,,,please, can this shamrock be made into a full-fledged sticker??? thanks ever so much, sign me nuts for now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Lee,

I could make the image into a sticker for you if you'd like, but it's be best if you could send the image by itself, saved as PNG using the Cell Preset canvas.

In the meantime, have you tried following along with one of the tutorials on Youtube? There are a few there that might help. Here's one I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iSJNHe4dT4

Edit - This is the best I could do with the attached image you put here, since the .jpg quality wasn't the best and I had to cut out the background. You can download the sticker below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Someonesane; 03-05-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Dear Someonesane, have the video on now, will listen closely, thank you, will let you know how i do,,, xox

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dear Someonesane, have the video on now, will listen closely, thank you, will let you know how i do,,, xox

Looks like we cross posted. I updated my post above to include the .stk file from the image you posted.

SOS... lovely to hear your voice, great intro tutorial.

Just for your own info, You can export a layer as a png directly from the layers palette by right-clicking on the layer and therefore do not need to make the canvas transparent. This is handy if you are just using one layer for your sticker creation.

If you were using multiple layers and didn't wish to merge them (to maximise editability for a later time) then the method you've demonstrated would be ideal.
    Last edited by Juz; 03-05-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank you Juz,

When I'm only working with a single sticker on single layer, I normally use the right click, export, method as well. I figured it best for any beginners who might watch the video to know how to merge the layers and change the canvas, which is why I went that route. Every little bit helps

No worries... hopefully Hanzz will notice this thread and add your video tutorials to the AR3 list... great work
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Luck Oh The Irish?

Dear Someonesane, listened step by step, and whadayathink???? Thank You many many times, can rest now xox

(now to try to make this into a sticker spray)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looking good Lee

The spray isn't so bad to get used to. A trick of mine is to take a preset that I or someone else has made, which comes close to what I want to do, then swap the sticker sheet out. Then, if I need to tweak the effects, I open the variations panel and make some changes.

Thank You Again Someonesane!!!

And Thank You Juz, Yes Someonesane's video should be made easy to find!!!!