ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Touchsmart TM2 & Wacom driver

HP Touchsmart TM2 & Wacom driver

Hi,
    Is anybody using ArtRage Studio pro with the new TM2 tablet?
    Although it's a very nice tablet, the driver is pretty poor in fact. The side button is only assigned to "left button" and it's not working with a bunch of pressure-sensitive software, including ArtRage. It works in Sketchbook pro though... (at least...)

Is this a driver issue or a software issue? I have tried the Wacom driver for tablet pc and it's not working. Some folks on other forums even lost their touch screen. It's an old driver, far older than 64 bits and Windows 7... Is there anything else or any suggestions?

Many thanks, if only I can start drawing...

We don't have this specific hardware for testing but there are a couple of things you can try that may help in situations like this.

If you go to the Preferences Panel and look in the Input pane, switch Ink Services off (or on, if it was off before) and restart the app. That might help, depending on how the driver is working. You could also try toggling Precise Tablet Mode and Multitouch support. It seems that combinations of different services can interact badly and this can sometimes cause pressure glitches.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Also, check that you are using ArtRage 3.0.6 ( Help -> Check for news and updates ), and if not, download it from the Member Area as we made some changes relating to input in the latest version which may help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

touchsmartt2x-no pressure sensitivity

I just bought artrage 3 and have the hp touchsmart t2x
    my older version of artrage 2.5 worked with it but
    I have tried everything to make artrage 3 work but no go
    I have the latest 3.0.6 update but still nothing
    I need it to work with the project I am on
    please help

DQ

and one more thing

I hooked up my wacom table to try and get around the problem but artrage3 does not work it the pressure sens either....very frustrating

This doesn't sound like a similar problem to the one discussed in this thread.

ArtRage 3.0.6 supports pressure on our HP Touchsmart TX2 and also with Wacom tablets so it should not be a compatibility problem. So, we'll need to find out what is different about your particular situation.

Here are some suggestions:

Turn ON Ink Services and Precise Tablet Mode in Edit -> Preferences -> ArtRage Settings -> Input, and restart ArtRage.

If these were already on, turn them off and restart ArtRage.

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your touchsmart, particularly the n-trig drivers.

If these don't help, please contact us at support@artrage.com as we will need to troubleshoot this in more depth to find out what it is about your particular configuration which causes the problem, and then help you from there. When you email us, please include the operating system version you are using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

no pressure sence

thanks for getting back and your help

I checked and believe I have the latest drivers
    I am running windows vista
    I did the turn on of thing but still did not work

DQ

We're going to have to go through troubleshooting steps with you if the basic things didn't help. Could you email support@artrage.com, including your operating system version, and we'll go through the steps with you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,
    I want to bump this thread as I'm having the same problem.
    I've just got a brand new TM2 and the first and only thing I've installed on it
    is ArtRage pro 3.0.7.
    I've tried the settings suggested so far to no avail.
    One thing worth mentioning is that HP switched to a wacom digitizer for the TM2 series.
    Pressure sesitivity works fine on ms paint and corel paint it. The TM2 ships with these two apps preinstalled.
    The Tm2 ships with windows7 home premium 64.
    Any help will be appreciated,
    -Heath

We had some discussion recently with a user who was experiencing this problem. The settings changes didn't work but he did find that uninstalling the Wacom driver and installing a driver provided directly by HP solved the problem.

Driver details are:

VERSION: 1.00
    REV: A
    SoftPaq NUMBER: SP47422
    EFFECTIVE DATE: February 09, 2010

The driver is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=4121373

If that driver is appropriate for your system it may solve the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.