ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Straight line.

Straight line.

Hello, Would be nice to have a line tool or straight edge for geometrics, even a slimple one to use with the pencil. Thank You.

Option Click for straight line

One possible way to create straight lines would be a new feature using OPTION CLICK (or right click) which draws a straight line from the last point added to the current point (where you just option-clicked.) There are many people like me who have little artistic talent. Straight lines are OK! It is not a sin. Also, option click will speed up drawing stick figure storyboards. Might not seem important but it is. High priority request.
    Robert Elliott Purser
    Instructor
    Wikiversity
    WikiU Film School
    r_elliott at innercite.com
    http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/filmmaking

straight line

now that's what i'm talkin' about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert, Welcome to the forum. I've read your posts and I have to admit you make me chuckle a little. I love your enthusiasm. It seems that with you *all* your requests are "high priority". The good news for you is that the Ambient Design team really listens to people. If it fits with their vision for the software aesthetic and makes sense, don't be surprised if it shows up. You picked a winner when you grabbed ArtRage.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Yup, all the suggestions in the suggestion forum are read, discussed, and evaluated for ways to incorporate them into ArtRage in a way that keeps ArtRage ArtRage.

Not every feature request will make it - we can only do so many things at once - but a means of drawing straight lines is definitely a high priority feature.

So keep suggesting stuff!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

AndyRage,

I know you guys are a small shop, and while I have a few wants (who doesn't?) I'm usually happy to go with the flow and see what happens on its own before making requests -- especially considering how I'm still very new to the software, so I don't know much about its evolution, how quickly it's grown, etc.

My question is, do you folks have any kind of product roadmap that hints at the future direction of the software to share with the community?

We do have a very well-defined product roadmap - probably up until the next 18 - 24 months.
    We're still able to tweak the proposed feature-set to accommodate suggestions where we think it appropriate.

Unfortunately I cant share the roadmap with the community for two main reasons:
    1) As we're a small company, our competitors could implement some of the innovative stuff before we do. They'd get it horribly wrong, of course
    2) We're very likely to change and revise the roadmap along the way. If we create an expectation of a feature but then decide for whatever reason to delay it or do something else, the community gets upset.

I *can* tell you that there is still a lot of stuff to be put into ArtRage 2, so you'll be getting loads of new features, improvements, and bug fixes at no extra cost if you already own ArtRage 2
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

regarding the straight line

Dear ArtRage Leaders, sounds like good news!!! thanks, would like to ask, on the ArtRage2 drawing page, below in the middle, where there is the layer or tracing paper choice thingy, there seems to be something like a grayish graph paper on an angle, i haven't quite figured out how to pull it up but at one time i thought i could use it as graph paper, but i don't think that is what it is for,,,,, but am thinking, regarding a line tool, wonder if a clear graph grid or overlay that could be enlarged or shrunk or even spun around with that little circle-arrow thing that spins the paper around could subsitute for a line tool, it could be layed down like a clear graph paper, drawn on just for guide lines, or dragged around to where it is needed, then taken off, guess i am think about a simple graph paper, oh phooey!!!!!!!!!!!!!