ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Through the Eyes of a Boy

Through the Eyes of a Boy

D-Akey inspired me with his beautiful description in my last thread "A New Day."
    This one is for you D-Akey. I enjoyed painting it and I hope you enjoy it as well.

I used airbrush, watercolor, pen, stickers, and stamps. All AR3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nice and colourful Alexandra

Alexandra this is wonderful and I love all the colors.
    Valerie

Wonderful idea and conception! Its interesting to see how you put all those media together.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Jon, Valerie, and Scott:
    Thanks so much. I kept making objects on layers until I did not have enough room!

Whats a nice, colorful and friendly world you've painted. So much to explore here. Well done Alexandra.

Thats so lovely and so thoughtful Sandy. Love the bright colours
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

OOOooooo! AWESOME! Wow, Sandra, I really like this
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Alexandra, your painting, just wonderful and heartwarming, a wonderfully populated setting that taps into that consciousness of wonder and fascination. It's something to be cherished as we relate it to ourselves, and to our children. It also holds something grand in it that extends well beyond a specific moment alone, it can be related to the big picture.

What a wonderful time to be gifted with sight.

I can only remember my long ago childhood in fragments. My long term memories are generally joyous, even if I fell and skinned a knee. As an adult, the images are adult, with worries and judgments. I mean there's plenty of good stuff too, but it needs to be triggered.

It's very interesting how it flipped. No idea when it happened exactly, but it did at some point.

Thus, what I interpret (for me) from that which you painted, and also seen through the eyes of the boy who is sharing my head space, is that this is paradise. And the adult in me says this is actually The Garden of Eden. And Adam is coming out of the clay into the place of innocence, of childhood. He gets to observe and name everything and discover that it exists and what might be done with it and what games will be played with each one.

This painting is before Eve came on the scene in a more adult consciousness. It is the ultimate story of innocence after all, and by the end, the change to fertility and the ensuing responsibility, and toil and paychecks and bills. . .

If this boy represents me, and in my mind he is, he has no clue what's in store. . . but just LOOK at all those creatures. . . WOW!

A moment of sheer bliss and harmony with all things. It's a gift in every sense of the word, and I'm moved, both as the kid and as the dad.

Beautifully painted by a very dear lady.

I stumbled onto this accidentally, and thought you might like it. Sorta had your name on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYg0tZ3X2ns
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream