ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: poor performances on a intel hd4500 gpu

poor performances on a intel hd4500 gpu

is it normal for brushes to be very slow on 3 layers at 700x700 on a brand new laptop using a hd4500 gpu and a 1.6 ghz core2 duo ?

hm im using a HD4500 on my x200t tablet PC with a Centrino 2, 1.8 processor. I usually work at 2000 x 2000 at 300 DPI (minimum) with 3+ layers. I get brush slowdown when i increase brush sizes beyond 200%, or if i move too quickly at high brush sizes (over 100%). Could anyone else help us figure out why the discrepancy in speed? I tested my speeds at 700 x 700 at 300 DPI and only got slowdown on the pallet knife tool when moving too quickly at 90%+ sizes.

Full system specs
    - 1.8 low voltage Centrino 2 duel core
    - 4 gig DDR3 1033
    - 320 gig 5400RPM HD
    - intel HD4500
    - Windows 7 home premium
    - in windows 7 i turn off all desktop graphics and indexing options

700 x 700 should be fine if your system isn't running lots of other things at the time. If you push brushes over 100% size you may see slowdowns but in general the tools should be fine.

Could you let us know which tools in particular are slow for you, and whether the problem is still there if you have nothing else running? The make of your laptop and amount of RAM would also be handy.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,
    Don't have much trouble here;
    T6400,intelCoreDuo2,2.00Ghz and 4gb ddr3
    and 1gb RAM dedicated to video-card.

One tip is this,download sysinternals to see what processes are running in the background
    You can find it here http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/s...53(en-us).aspx

Hans

The slowest tool is by far watercolor, even at 100% (didn't know you could go above 100% size actually)
    Does Artrage use the GPU in any way ? It seems to be all these brushes are computed on the cpu no ?

The watercolour is definitely the most computationally complex of the tools, the fluid simulation makes it by far the most challenging brush for the computer. The brush dynamics and blend calculations aren't handled in the GPU, the visual rendered display isn't where the slowdown comes so your graphics card is mostly irrelevant to the product.

Have you tried making sure nothing else is running and using the product? While I would expect the watercolour tool to be slower, it does sound like there is another problem in this case.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.