ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: export options

export options

Greetings,

I just discovered this fantastic paint program today!
    I am wondering if the retail version has other formats than jpeg and notably some which maintain layer and transparency of layers.
    I am using the demo of Artrage studio pro 3.

Thanks!

ArtRage can import and export JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF and Photoshop PSD. PSD will maintain the layer structure and info but you will lose ArtRage specific metadata associated with the pixels -- that's why it is always best to save in PTG format and export to other formats only as a copy

The demo version only exports JPG, so I need to purchase the full version to get these other formats?
    I would like to test first how the layers get exported. See in Painter when you export a translucent layer, the fringes are white and it's the modulation, usually multiply which does the trick. This is fine if you don't work on it afterward but I plan on using the painterly effect to produce interface and texture for a game engine so a white fringe I cannot use.
    Does Artrage do the same thing ? Can you show an example in photoshop of an export ?

Thanks

(by the way, I just discovered this program and it's amazing! congrats to the designers)

In AR3 the canvas is independent from the paintings layers so you wont get any white fringing

Here is a file exported out as a psd... I then filled the canvas layer with black within photoshop to show that there is no white fringing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I you export PNG or PSD the layer's alpha is kept completely intact, there won't be any fringing, as Juz demonstrated. Other formats that don't support transparency should have the transparent area filled in with canvas colour on export.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

WOW ! That is stunning (also know as "the way it should be") and I now wonder why I wasted my time luma keying Painter's mess
    Money coming your way Mr Rage !