ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE read Calling All Ragers

Exclamation PLEASE read Calling All Ragers

Hello all you Ragers!

Well, it is time to explain ArtRageUS E-Magazine. I apologize for taking so long but we have been so busy.

First, let me say that my original idea and vision of an e-mag for all the ragers has developed into a reality. It is organized and structured to work well into the future on a completely volunteer basis. This is not a "business" nor a “professional” art magazine publication. It is an Ambient Artrage Forum member e-mag. It is run and created by you, the forum members. We are all artists. We will do the absolute best that we are able to do for you to provide you with a good looking e-mag.

The e-mag will provide information on Artrage and the users of it. It will also provide many fun topics, tutorials, artworks from many Ragers as well as their stories or anything they may need to refer back to offline. That's a big plus - it can be printed out or simply stored on your computer for later references.

The Ragers that volunteer to assist in production each month are necessary and any Ragers’ page submissions will be accepted. This affords us all a chance to be included. Our motto is "For Ragers By Ragers". That's an absolute FACT.

Since it was my idea, I pursued it and developed it into a great functioning system to aid in its use by all members. That was absolutely necessary. We have had some negative comments about this or that but it was mostly because they wanted it to be a professional magazine publication. Those cost big $$$$ folks and no one has offered the $$$$$ so let’s be realistic here. We also have the full blessings from the Ambient Guys. They support it and your needs.

ArtRageUS has no owners or managers or leaders or bosses. It has Ragers working together as volunteers. It is set up that any Rager may request a month to fill in for any department including being a coordinator - once that position is posted as open by the current volunteer. Things happen in life to people and we must consider that a possibility. Out of about 4 million Artrage users, we should have it covered, if needed.

At this point there are 3 full-time volunteers:
    Bobbyray - Coordinator for: all email submissions, volunteer requests, forum posts and as needed
    Eileen724 - Editing
    337_lee - Layouts
    Sunflower – part-time volunteer

We do need more volunteers to help out if they have time to spare during the month - especially on the 7th of each month, as it is the submission deadline. Then its work, work, work and on the 15th of each month, you’ll have an e-magazine.
    We also need submissions, at anytime, so we can keep ahead of the deadline entries.

What would you do as a volunteer?
    An hour or two a month can make a big difference to us. We offer easy tasks and not time consuming or confusing tasks. We do have some of the harder tasks, if you have time and are up for it.

Here are the Rager Submission Formats that are accepted: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27664
    Please remember when you send me an email for any reason - to please include your screenname/username.

Any volunteers ??? Just send me an email: bobbyray02@msn.com
    When you do send me an email, please let me know when you will be available and we will work with you on an easy assignment or a really hard one if you want it! LOL! It is entirely up to you.......RAGERS!

ALSO, we would like to have the best 20 Artworks (voted on by the Ragers) displayed in the e-mag each month. Yes, we do need their permission to add it. So, on the 15th of each month, we will post: ArtRageUS TOP 20 Artworks. You can add your favorite and then on the 1st, we will vote on them in another post. All winners will be contacted for their authorization. We can use some volunteers to assist with this.

Personal Ads: New....yes. If you have something to sell or it can be a place for a company to advertise for free (plugins, jobs, Art needed) and such. Send me an email with your ad: bobbyray02@msn.com

Thank you for your interest and support of your new ArtRageUS E-Magazine. ArtRageUs isn't it?

Bobbyray

Eileen724
    337_lee

Hi Bobbyray, I would be more than happy to contribute even in the smallest way. I carry over a few skills from web design that might aid me, I have done very little design for professional publishing but I'm sure I would be able to mix up something. Feel free to throw any assignment my way and I'll let you know if I'm capable of it or not.

For convenience I will email this post to you as well. Take care! Hope I am able to help!
    +I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

Alan

Thanks my fellow rager ....please send me an email at bobbyray02@msn.com and we can get you rollin......and thanks!

BRAY

Just dropping by to say I've updated the ARTRAGEus page. General feedback and suggestions welcome, of course.

Some specific bits I'd like people to join in on:
    Should the Artwork Be Watermarked?
    The Best Free Word Editing Programmes

A couple of things - the 'best of' images, do they have to be:
    1. made/uploaded online that month
    2. uploaded in the AD galleries? (for example, i upload my art on DA but rarely crosspost as it just gets time consuming)

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn_the_Cat View Post
    Some specific bits I'd like people to join in on:
    Should the Artwork Be Watermarked?
    I tried to write something on this but there doesn't seem to be any way to submit it, it's just a text box ...?

Quote Originally Posted by LPBaker View Post
    I tried to write something on this but there doesn't seem to be any way to submit it, it's just a text box ...?
    Hmmm. Maybe it didn't load? The specific bit is
    "On the other hand, it is an art magazine, and the value of protecting the art may damage the enjoyment of the art."
    Should the artworks be watermarked?

[answer here]

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn_the_Cat View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe it didn't load? The specific bit is
    "On the other hand, it is an art magazine, and the value of protecting the art may damage the enjoyment of the art."
    Should the artworks be watermarked?

[answer here]
    Yes, got that, and it's followed by a text box. But there's nothing to click to perform any action on what you type (eg, a "submit" button like most forms have). I've tried it in both Safari and Firefox (I'm on Mac). See the attached screenshot.

~ Lindsay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LPBaker,
    No problem here in both IE8 or FF
    (you must click inside the input field to make the submit actions to be seen.)

Hans
    ------------------------>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenSquidoo.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	42451  

Yes, Hans, I didn't have any problem with it myself. Lindsey, I would suggest for you to try it again to see if you still have problems.

Nice way to get people involved, Flynn!

I tried again today with Safari, Firefox and even Google Chrome, and it doesn't work on any of them. I'm on a Mac ... any other Mac users here who could take a look and see if it works for them?

~ Lindsay