ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photo Reference Questions

1. Photo Reference Questions

Long time watcher, first time caller.

First, to the ArtRage team...THANK YOU!! I love the updated program. It's revolutionising how I work.

Now the questions:

1) Is there anyway to transform a reference in the program? To flip it horizontal?
    2) Is there anyway to copy an image into a reference instead of having to save it and then open it?
    3) Is there anyway to open multiple files as references at one time? Usually holding down the shift or control key will work on some programs.

Thanks for any help! Great community you guys have here!

Hi Nureek!

Great to hear you're enjoying using the software! Regarding reference images, they can be panned, zoomed, scaled and rotated but currently can't be flipped. You can manipulate reference images by right clicking to bring up the menu options or mousing over them and using the zoom, scale icons which will appear.

There's no way to copy content into a reference image, they use files specifically.

While you can't open multiple reference images via the file dialog, if you drag the files you want to use as references on to the ArtRage window, you should see a prompt asking you what to do with them. Selecting 'create reference image' will load all of the files you dragged as reference images.

I hope that's of some help, thanks for the feedback!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

3. Thank you so much Dave!

That dragging tip will save me much time...and sanity (I have precious little).

Question:
    You said: "There's a way to copy content into a reference image"

Did you mean "there's no way"?

Thanks again!

THis is something i needed to know, thank you DaveRage for the quick and kind answer. Must go and try this trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nureek View Post
    Thank you so much Dave!

That dragging tip will save me much time...and sanity (I have precious little).

Question:
    You said: "There's a way to copy content into a reference image"

Did you mean "there's no way"?

Thanks again!
    Oops! Yes, that's correct. Should've said 'there's no way to copy content into a reference image'. Fixed my original post
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design