ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: the changing cursor?

Red face the changing cursor?

When you press key 3 you get to see the brush cursor as a 'real brush'. I love it so much since it gives you a good feeling about painting.

But I noticed that it doesn't work so well with the Roller and Sticker Pen etc. For some brushes you can't see its 'real brush' form (like Roller, sorry if I said it wrong). And for the Sticker Pen, you can see the 'real brush' form but the 'real brush' would disappear as you draw, which is really annoying.

It would not be a big problem if it is just the Sticker Spray- you do not want to see anything other than your sticker shapes (and you are using autoflow, your brush keeps pressing). But we have the imported Photoshop brushes here as well! When you draw with it you don't know where your brush is at, and it appears, disappears, appears, disappears...

I think just keep the 'real brush' cursor there and it will be fine.

When the sticker spray tool cursor vanishes (to avoid the tool icon obstructing the stroke) the precise cursor should replace it. If that's too small or is hard to see against your painting, you can turn on the Magnify Precise Cursor option in the Preferences panel under Cursors. That should make it easier to see where your cursor is.

The paint roller doesn't have a tool cursor because, while it might have been fun to do, we decided that it's so dependent upon the angle of the tool head that having a fixed cursor just looked wrong when we tried it out (it's also a pain doing a cast shadow for something of that shape! ).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    When the sticker spray tool cursor vanishes (to avoid the tool icon obstructing the stroke) the precise cursor should replace it. If that's too small or is hard to see against your painting, you can turn on the Magnify Precise Cursor option in the Preferences panel under Cursors. That should make it easier to see where your cursor is.

The paint roller doesn't have a tool cursor because, while it might have been fun to do, we decided that it's so dependent upon the angle of the tool head that having a fixed cursor just looked wrong when we tried it out (it's also a pain doing a cast shadow for something of that shape! ).
    Thank you for the reply.

It will be nice if AR has the option to 'keep the real brush form whenever you draw'- just a little tick in the preference menu. There could be another cursor option for left-handed people (flip the pen display), and another option allows you to change its angle whatever you like. Well, just an idea...

And for the Roller, I designed a little one as you can see below. You are right it looks weird somehow when you draw (since it has a flat surface)... so I created a little circle around it to make it look like 360 degree; and, when you draw with it, the handle could be more transparent. We can as well make the icon rotate as we change the angle of the tablet pen... There must be a way doing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images